Removing Fender Flares

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badazzraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any tips on removing the fender flares? I want to have them Line X but don't trust them to remove them. I know there are push pins on the wheel lip but don't know how they are attached around the top side. I have heard there are little clips. Have also heard that these clips are not available from Ford so if you break one your screwed. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

tinman44

Reaction score
I went to the dealership for these clips, you have to buy a new fender flare. Cant remember if he said 400 or 600. It kinda blew my mind to hear that body clips were only available with the body part...plastic clips...This is my biggest complaint so far with my truck. I don't understand why they can't have them made at least in small numbers. There are plenty of small accidents that can just tear those away and the clips are plastic so they can break away and not bend the fender right? My flares have been plastidipped on the truck, I wanted to remove them and redo the coating but...I dont want to give them money for plastic clips in the form of buying a new flare so I will be doing them on truck again.

OP
OP
Badazzraptor

Badazzraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah same here, I'm going to do them on the truck also. Not worth the risk of breaking clips. I to can't believe you can't purchase the clips by themselves. :(

FvilleRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any info on where you got those clips. I need to redo my fender flares. They are starting to come loose and are now wearing the paint off the fenders on the truck when dirt gets in between them. I am going to have to get the fenders painted and then put the flares back on. Anyone have any tips to securing the fenders a little extra?