Red SVT fender logo- my version

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
I know this has been done so many times its sickening but I thought all the ones I saw done looked kinda tacky.

I got a little creative... I went to the craft store and bought glitter red craft foam and clear coat lacquer for craft projects. The foam is about 1/16" thick. I did the usual, popped the SVT fender inserts out, measured that indent in the fender(3" x 1.25") and cut the foam perfectly to size with a blade.

I then *misted* the foam with black gloss spray paint to give it sort of a dark smoked red look.

Next I clear coated both sides of the foam to A) give it a glossy finish and B) seal it to avoid it soaking up water. The clear also stopped the sparkles from coming off the foam completely and made it durable enough for this application.

I like the color but most of all I like that since it's foam and kinda thick as opposed to plastic, when I clipped the SVT insert back in to place and squished the foam it kind of puffs out in to the SVT cut out making it look fuller and not...well... like someone used a cut up motor oil bottle. Whaddya think?

I got the foam and clear coat at JoAnne Fabrics- if you like this idea make sure you get the "craft"clear coat because regular clear will eat the foam. It does look better in person it really catches your eye in the sun due to the glossy finish and glitter.

If you want to ban me for using the words "glitter" and "sparkles"...I understand :shock2:

View attachment 509

View attachment 510

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I give it an A+ for creativeness, BUT it reminds me of the big spinny wheel on the Price Is Right for some reason......
Hows it going to hold up in the rain you think? EDIT Never mind, see you clear coated it to prevent weather deterioration.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HaHa, yep that'd be the one. On a side note, i'd let that chick spin my wheel.

FSM06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good BIRD on your black.........not so sure it will go so well with my Molten Orange. <GG> Great job!

FSM