Recommendations for tonneaux cover and liner ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eseybold

Reaction score
I just ordered a 2012 tuxedo black supercrew from Randy. I am sure I have a few months before I get it but, I have several questions about modifications etc : looking for opinions

1. Tonneaux cover ? Which do people prefer. I have researched a bunch so far.

2. Bed liner - I like the Bed Rug - buddy has one and likes it - any issues?

3. CAI - Have a '04 Hemi Durango with CAI form K&N - and it really made a difference in performance and sound. Any recommendations for Raptor? Hennessey vs. K&N vs. Airade etc ?

4. Does reprograming the ECU for performance really make a difference ( i..e superchipping). Made no difference in my '99 Durango

5. I hear the factory lights are not so bright so I plan on fog lights - so many options out there ! Which are best. Share your pictures with me if you could.

thanks guys !

Rapford75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have this DualLiner Truck Bed Liner as my liner. I have had spray in and bedrug in past trucks. I love the dualliner because it protects the sides, yet nothing slides..ever. Big + is I am taking it out of the 2010 and installing it in my 2012 when it arrives.

I also have this TruXedo Lo Pro QT - #1 Selling Soft Roll-up Tonneau Cover. This is the second truck I have had this cover on with no issues. It really is low profile without issues.

Baldwin09

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What's up congrats on the order!

1. Bakflip F1

2.i will be using line x in my bed I haver never had a bed rug so can't help you there

3. There's a thread that you can search for on cai a lot seem to use rousch, volant or afe

4. I don't know squat about tunes or chips lol sorry

5. I have headlights from recon look great on the raptor Ducati also makes awesome headlights if you want to get real crazy look at led light bars

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.931047,-104.933833
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328333184.002253.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328333184.002253.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 149
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328333241.454337.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328333241.454337.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 150

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
welcome to the forum!!! look to the right of the page for the BaKOutlet, and give Morrie a call as hes awesome at getting you into an F1 Tonno, and a Bedrug. trust me, its in your best interest to call him!!! any other mod, give him a chance and he can prolly get it too! working with Morrie is like working with Randy........ ******* Awesome!!!!

debate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered a 2012 tuxedo black supercrew from Randy. I am sure I have a few months before I get it but, I have several questions about modifications etc : looking for opinions

1. Tonneaux cover ? Which do people prefer. I have researched a bunch so far.

2. Bed liner - I like the Bed Rug - buddy has one and likes it - any issues?

Share your pictures with me if you could.

The SCrew Raptor is only rated for a 1,030 lbs payload. Since we can't carry much, might as well get what looks the best. I think it's the Leer 700 model. They match Tux Black very well and the underside is lined in Bed Rug, either gray or black.

Attachments

• IMG_6205.jpg
    IMG_6205.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_6177.jpg
    IMG_6177.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_6181.jpg
    IMG_6181.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 32

twlhunter65

Reaction score
Linex and Bakflip F1 works for me.The Bakflip looks awesome on our trucks,only weighs 50lbs. when the tailgate's locked, it cant be opened !

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
BedTred worked awesome for me. Do a search on bed protection in the exterior modifications section. Some good info about bed liner

Squid 3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Line x and Retrax pro works for me. I even lost a part on the retrax and they next day'd me the part N/C

rhino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the Bed Rug, I have had Line-x, Rhino, drop in, and mats. I think the Bed Rug is the way to go these days. As for the cover I did not care for the channels or the drains holes that need to be drilled with the bak flip. The best option for me for strength, ease of use, fast removal is the Extang Solid fold. It has been weather proof,I can stand on it,and literally takes minutes on and off.

For the headlights I have ordered the HID projectors from Ducati, he is a member on here that makes incredible conversions using factory housings, not cheap aftermarket junk. I should have them next week and I will post some pics, or you can check his post in the for sale section. I looked at numerous places online that do conversions and chose his over all the others. http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f29/4-sale-bi-xenon-projector-retrofit-headlights-10156/

pic of the Extang Solid fold
62feb2b4-5362-8591.jpg

Last edited: