rear tail gate emblem removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

troycrna

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how the heck does that thing come off, I tried prying it on the wifes f150 and it felt like it was gonna break.

Doubleeaz

Reaction score
If it is like the Raptor, it is two pieces. I don't know how far back in terms of model years this is true for. The part with the Ford emblem on it snaps into the base. If you pry it out, you will need to get a new one because the tabs will be broken.

The base comes in two types, based on my experience with a 2010 Raptor. If you don't have a rear view camera, the base is applied to the tailgate with double sided tape. It is relatively easy to pry off with a screw driver but put a rag between the screwdriver and the tailgate otherwise you will scratch the paint. For this type of emblem, you can pry off the base and then carefully remove the Ford piece and it can probably be reused.

If you have the rear view camera, then the base is bolted to the tailgate. The only way to remove is to pry off the Ford emblem piece and then unbolt it.

My 2010 came without the rearview camera and I bought all the OEM Ford pieces to add the camera.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bummer. I was hoping to debadge for a clean look.

Ya, I did debadge mine but it was cause I had a fight with a tree stump and the tailgate won but came out with a few dents... lol I removed them all to repaint and was thinking about leaving them off but decided against it

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
oooh really?? I thought it was clean? Do you have any pictures with it debadged? I was really hoping it was clean. I hate emblems... You know, its crap like that that makes a tailgate for a raptor cost 1 BILLION dollars...

Thanks!

Last edited:

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Minor hijack. Do the F150 and Raptor emblems on the tailgate have alignment pins?

the F-150 one most definitely does, the Raptor one does not.

The Raptor one does not but it has the shape of the indent on the tailgate

Huh?? Are you sure Hock? I have my tailgate temporarily de-badged at the moment and I don't notice any outline..... seems like the Raptor badge just kinda fits into the horizontal channel.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oooh really?? I thought it was clean? Do you have any pictures with it debadged? I was really hoping it was clean. I hate emblems... You know, its crap like that that makes a tailgate for a raptor cost 1 BILLION dollars...

Thanks!

I'll snap a pic for you tomorrow in the daylight.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the F-150 one most definitely does, the Raptor one does not.

Huh?? Are you sure Hock? I have my tailgate temporarily de-badged at the moment and I don't notice any outline..... seems like the Raptor badge just kinda fits into the horizontal channel.

Eh that was my wording mistake. My meaning is that the badge has the shape of the tailgate.. there is nothing behind the badge...my bad