Rear oval emblem- which part to buy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aR4CE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know it's been covered, and in my reading when one attempts to remove the rear oval logo, the tabs break.

Which side do the tabs break on- the camera bezel, or the logo itself? Thanks!

And, if anyone has a part # for the one that will break, I'll order one up.

D

Deleted member 12951

The logo is the one with the tabs. I had no issue and broke nothing. There is a small hole at the bottom that you can put a small screwdriver and it will come off really easy, just be careful. The rest of it comes off with two screws. The camera has a plastic piece that screws to the emblem. The part number is for the entire piece and is only around $100. If no one responds, later when I get home, I can post up the part number.

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Mine broke, despite being very careful. One of the little metal retainers had gotten pushed behind the bezel, so no amount of carefulness would have gotten it off unbroken.

20150412_161704.jpg

20150412_161654.jpg

Just make sure you pull it straight out. Don't just pry the bottom up, get a small screw driver or plastic trim removal tool behind it, and pull the emblem straight back, so that the gap on the top and bottom remains the same until it is out.

Another option is to order a custom painted one and ditch the blue/chrome one, then you don't have to worry if it breaks.

http://www.customtrucksolutions.com/apps/webstore/products/show/4620653

IMG_4818.jpg

I clipped the posts off the original one and put a magnet on the back.

20150412_162112.jpg

-Dan

mtunender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine broke, despite being very careful. One of the little metal retainers had gotten pushed behind the bezel, so no amount of carefulness would have gotten it off unbroken.

View attachment 73240

View attachment 73241

Just make sure you pull it straight out. Don't just pry the bottom up, get a small screw driver or plastic trim removal tool behind it, and pull the emblem straight back, so that the gap on the top and bottom remains the same until it is out.

Another option is to order a custom painted one and ditch the blue/chrome one, then you don't have to worry if it breaks.

View attachment 73242

View attachment 73243

-Dan
I have one of those from custom truck and it looks great!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 PM ----------

Great idea on the magnets. I don't think my old one is worth anything... Or is it?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Ironhorse07

FRF Addict
Reaction score

View attachment 73240

View attachment 73241

View attachment 73242

View attachment 73243

-Dan

Do you remember what color numbers you used when you ordered the custom one?