Rear coil suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
One of the biggest issues with the stock suspension is wheel hop on and off road. Could you completely replace the leafs and dampeners with fox or whatever remote reservoir coil overs? Just a bolt on that fits in the current fox mounts. Is that possible? It could take away any wheel hop and also allow for a much smoother ride.
What would the positives and negatives of this?

Jake Y.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol well without the leaf thered be nothing locating the rear axle. You need to link it.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of the biggest issues with the stock suspension is wheel hop on and off road. Could you completely replace the leafs and dampeners with fox or whatever remote reservoir coil overs? Just a bolt on that fits in the current fox mounts. Is that possible? It could take away any wheel hop and also allow for a much smoother ride.
What would the positives and negatives of this?

You would need something to keep the axle in place... Since thats what the leaf springs are for... One of the causes of wheel hop is the rubber in the system... If you changed to poly it will remove a high % of it... Go with higher rubber durometer engine and trans mounts along with poly bushing in the suspension.... but your NVH will suffer from it

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
If you have to ask...

My guess is $10k+ to do it right. Suspension isn't anything to cheap out on if you ask me, plus you will loose some of your bed.

SDHQ GOODGUY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably an accurate est. Austin, definitely loose some of the bed,

but if your going as far as having the coilover hold up the truck, why not just back half, and go all in on the deal:peace:

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
I agree with the back half.

Step 1. Buy wrecked 2wd f150
Step 2. Build Suspension, cage, back-half
Step 3. Buy Raptor Glass
Step 4. Admire how much money you saved by not back-halfing a 50k truck

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
If I were building an off road toy/monster...

Find the most basic rear-ended EBoost F150 I could find
4 Link Rear
Up front use 3.0 Coilovers with raptor lower arms and custom uppers
F/R Hydro Bumpstops
Engine Software
Racing seats

Last edited: