Rear Axle Rust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VADER332

Reaction score
Has anyone painted their rear axle to prevent future rust? If so how did you prep it and what did you use? I have a 2014 that has some rear axle rust already. Thanks.

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't want to sound like an ass but, your truck is going to get rust it is inevitable. Everyone has some surface rust on the frames and undersides of the truck. Stop worrying about the rust and enjoy it!

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OP
OP
V

VADER332

Reaction score
I hate rust. Use some Amsoil MPHD on the rust and the rest of the underside. I put a coat on when the truck was brand new, then a second coat that fall. No rusting at all.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f195/amsoil-mphd-heavy-duty-metal-protector-amh-17731/

Thank you. I just ordered a couple of cans!

---------- Post added at 11:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 PM ----------

I don't want to sound like an ass but, your truck is going to get rust it is inevitable. Everyone has some surface rust on the frames and undersides of the truck. Stop worrying about the rust and enjoy it!

I will. LOL it is disheartening though to see a 2014 with rust that quickly when I have a 1999 Grande Cherokee that doesn't look that bad underneath. Paints has faded though.