Rear 2in flare mod for stock bedside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Who is this wizard and what does he do? I don't mind doing the actual bed trimming myself, it is this mystical and lightly explained plastic welding that has me stumped!!!

I would love to talk to him about the possibility of getting the flares done to match up with this project.......

Chris at Waynes Auto body in Sayreville, NJ. He cut down the flare to match, plastic welded it, painted and modified the bed a bit. The flare bolts right up and actually flares the bed a little in the process. Let him know Danilo sent you. Leeann referred me to him. Probably the only body guy I'll go to from here on in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Daweism

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would totally get this if someone sold these. One of the reasons I haven't gotten glass up front is because I'm ocd about the unmatching flare sizes with glass front and stock rears.

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i'll talk to chris and see what he could do about creating a mold. i know dave is still with KHC just not at the shop too often these days.

circafwsk8r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it takes literally minutes to do front and rear a "ghetto" way. you can simply cut them down and put them back on like I've seen many people do. these guys are taking the extra steps to use what they cut off the face off the flare and now add that section underneath to create and edge or "lip''. makes its stronger and looks better. fronts being glass you need to do that same step to the front fender inner lip. b/c its not metal you can't just cut it and bend it. it would need to be worked with glass also. almost any body shop will do this for you. hope this helps.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i read through this thread hoping there would be some good news by the end, but looks like nothing ever happened with this. don't let this thread die! someone please make these!

seems it would be simple for someone with fiberglass experience to make

Last edited:

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i read through this whole thread hoping there would be some good news by the end, but looks like nothing ever happened with this. don't let this thread die! someone please make these!

Daves back at KHC so you may want to call the shop. If I could find a place to make a mold out of mine I'd be more than happy to help guys out on the thread that are interested. Bare in mind, my truck will be sold here in the next month I hope but we'll see.