Raptor Wrap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

39Mustang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even before I bought my Raptor I had every intention of putting a custom Wrap on it which I still plan to do and is why I bought it with the Black color so that the door jams, tailgate, engine bay all would be dark in color and not interfere with the Wrap.

I want to know how many others have put Wraps on theirs and if so what did you do so that I'm not repeating anyone else? I have a very good idea what I'm doing just trying to find out if anyone has something similar I will then change up my design.

Who are the better Wrap companies as I've been talking to Ape Wraps but it seems after they appeared on Gearz they have no time for the little guy. Anything is possible when doing a Wrap as long as they have an expert graphics designer.

Not a fan of the factory Ford graphics and is why I bought it with none on it. I considered the Shelby Raptor all but for 5 mins and their graphics are even worse and better off doing what I want

OP
OP
39Mustang

39Mustang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Wraps should be done by the professionals. It'll be October until I do it so have time to research quite a few companies

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lots of members have done their own wraps. Takes a little skill and some time. I got my hood done, watched and helped the installers, and now confident I could do it myself. Good luck!

Wideglide93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I researched a little while back and 3m certified is what the main thing I found to look for. Here in Indy I found a guy who would do it for $2700.00. This was for flat black. Not sure if a more elaborate color scheme would cost more.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here is a link to my wrap thread.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f11/night-raptor-23675/#post430150

Revolution Wraps in Omaha did a great job and was super easy to work with.

I recommend that you go with the same company for the design and wrap and install. You can have one company print it and ship it, then another for the install. However since you are looking at a custom design like mine, you will want to be sure the install is spot on and that lines match exactly. If the installer messes up, he can't just print a new panel. He would have to go thru you to get another one.

Plan on three days for the install. And be sure that you scrub all the bug guts off everything.

They may want to remove the bed to be able to wrap the back of the cab. If you know they will, make sure your bed bolts can be removed. See @The Macf's write up.

The larger the printer the wrap company has, the less seems you will have. Meet with the installer and ask those questions.

One last note. I have an Avery wrap. Installed by "3M Certified" shop. It has held up really well over the past 3 years. I put it through some tough trails. The pin striping shows up on the matte material. If you off-road, I'd look into if there are any self healing wrap materials they can print on.

Post up pics when you get it figured out.

Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
mywrap3.jpg

mywrap10.jpg