Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Exterior Modifications Forum [GEN 1]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Exterior Modifications Forum [GEN 1]

Raptor Bumpers

This is a discussion on Raptor Bumpers within the Ford Raptor Exterior Modifications Forum [GEN 1] forums, part of the GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums category!
aluminum definately wont hold up as well as a steel bumper. I don,t think that any of the steel tube ...

User Tag List

Like Tree115Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2014, 04:38 PM   #181 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

aluminum definately wont hold up as well as a steel bumper. I don,t think that any of the steel tube bumpers will hold up very well if hit on the outside edge of the bumper, but all of the aftermarket bumper will hold up a lot better than the tin can bumper that ford puts on this truck.

beadblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 05:14 PM   #182 (permalink)

Full Access Member

I think they told me the steel one was 50 lbs. I am sure it does help with the approach angle. My truck has the wsi 3 over hd springs and progressive coils on mid perch which raised the truck 3 inches in the front. I caved the stock skid plate in and have not yet even touched this one.
Old 02-11-2014, 10:03 PM   #183 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Originally Posted by beadblaster View Post
I think they told me the steel one was 50 lbs. I am sure it does help with the approach angle. My truck has the wsi 3 over hd springs and progressive coils on mid perch which raised the truck 3 inches in the front. I caved the stock skid plate in and have not yet even touched this one.
beadblaster, hows the fit of your bumper? I have the sam thing and mine is somewhat laid back. I also bought the rear aluminum bumper and it looks warped from day one.
hackleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 10:11 PM   #184 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mine also was laid back slightly. I went and added a couple of body fender shims between the bumper and frame on the top bolt and this lined it up perfectly. I am going to order the back bumper but have a concern if they are warped. I may get a steel back bumper because I have the hd wsi springs on the truck.
Old 02-11-2014, 10:17 PM   #185 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
Any crash info on it? Aluminum doesn't seem to me to be a good bumper material, especially only 15 pounds.
i hit a gate with this bumper, it may actually be weaker than the stock one... it just bent back. i always thought aluminum would break before it would bend but i was wrong

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

Originally Posted by beadblaster View Post
Mine also was laid back slightly. I went and added a couple of body fender shims between the bumper and frame on the top bolt and this lined it up perfectly. I am going to order the back bumper but have a concern if they are warped. I may get a steel back bumper because I have the hd wsi springs on the truck.

I can send you pics of mine. Most people dont see the slight warp, but it bugs me. If you are interested i can sell it to you.
hackleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 03:28 PM   #186 (permalink)
Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Submitted by a customer this morning:

"Poor bastard didn't have a prayer.. almost drove over him.. only jacked up the bumper.. Addictive Desert Designs thanks for a killer product saved all my fiberglass!! And all the Rigid Industries - LED Lighting bars are still in perfect condition.."
Attached Thumbnails
jimmys-accident.jpg  
carlschmarl2 likes this.
ADDGrant is offline   Reply With Quote