Raised tonneau cover options.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beefcake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to get some sort of a tonneau cover. With going to the races, i will have stuff i need to keep in the back of the truck.

I'll want to keep it unweather, and "safe".

The biggest issue will be the fuel jugs for the mustang. They are about 22 1/2" tall.

We just installed a flat folding ford cover on a truck here, and with a bedliner, there was about 21 3/4 clearence.

I know I could do a painted to match a.r.e. and get an extra 2". The downside there is cost / weight.

I really like the roll ups that velcro down the side. Much cheaper, and lighter, and if you need to put something tall in the truck, it can be rolled up out of the way very easily. With the locking tailgate, it makes it "tougher", to get into, but all soft covers can be cut easily. These don't sit up higher, but with being soft, they will have enough give to give me what i need.

I hate the look of undercovers, the black plasticy looking thing.

Are there any of the folding type, that sit up maybe an inch higher but don't look like crap?

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, looks is a matter of preference, so I can't help ya there. But I can say my FoldACover has served me very well, and it clears those cans all day long.

Here, you can see two under there
b1.jpg

The cool thing about this cover in particular is that it folds one pane the other way; from the cab back. Here's how I'm using it today
P1000454.jpg

Here's my complete writeup with lots more info and pics.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f11/review-fold-cover-g4-elite-5296/

And feel free to fire away with any questions. Happy to help if I can!

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need to get some sort of a tonneau cover. With going to the races, i will have stuff i need to keep in the back of the truck.

I'll want to keep it unweather, and "safe".

The biggest issue will be the fuel jugs for the mustang. They are about 22 1/2" tall.

We just installed a flat folding ford cover on a truck here, and with a bedliner, there was about 21 3/4 clearence.

I know I could do a painted to match a.r.e. and get an extra 2". The downside there is cost / weight.

I really like the roll ups that velcro down the side. Much cheaper, and lighter, and if you need to put something tall in the truck, it can be rolled up out of the way very easily. With the locking tailgate, it makes it "tougher", to get into, but all soft covers can be cut easily. These don't sit up higher, but with being soft, they will have enough give to give me what i need.

I hate the look of undercovers, the black plasticy looking thing.

Are there any of the folding type, that sit up maybe an inch higher but don't look like crap?

In the "Exterior Section", there is a thread titled; Opinions needed for bed protection. Lots of discussion and options for you to look at. :peace:

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f11/opinions-needed-bed-protection-4045/

rhino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like my Extang solid fold cover, very strong, weather tight. While I have only had it on a week or so I ran it though the spray car wash and no water at all inside. This with my bed rug is a great combo for me.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
I love my ARE cover.
Easy to take off if I need to and hard to get into, but yes a bit expensive.

Attachments

• BACK OF RAPTOR.jpg
    BACK OF RAPTOR.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 160
  • brackets 2.jpg
    brackets 2.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 169
  • RAPTOR COVER 2.jpg
    RAPTOR COVER 2.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 168
  • RAPTOR COVER SOLAR CELL.jpg
    RAPTOR COVER SOLAR CELL.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 209
OP
OP
beefcake

beefcake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love my ARE cover.
Easy to take off if I need to and hard to get into, but yes a bit expensive.

hmmm,

i see that undercover now has a painted to match cover, only 58 pounds, i can get that for about $150 less than the are, i like the idea of the light weight

IRONMAN

Reaction score
hmmm,

i see that undercover now has a painted to match cover, only 58 pounds, i can get that for about $150 less than the are, i like the idea of the light weight

The light weight is definitely nice. The thing with this one you can not take it off road at all.
Sucker will bounce everywhere. Took it to silver lake sand dunes and jumped the test hill without really wanting to and blew out my back window.

OP
OP
beefcake

beefcake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The light weight is definitely nice. The thing with this one you can not take it off road at all.
Sucker will bounce everywhere. Took it to silver lake sand dunes and jumped the test hill without really wanting to and blew out my back window.

ouch