Race Red with Satin black bumpers/flares

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BAJA1K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a picture of a Race Red with satin black bumpers and fender flares?

Carsten89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everything was left on. Taped 1" away from edge of flare. The seam makes makes a natural cut in the dip, excess overspray is peeled off of the paint. Very easy to do and cleanup.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks great! That black contrasts perfectly with the red.

I didn't have good luck with plastidip, though. I did my flares before TRR a few years ago and after one weekend it began peeling off. I think it was from the rocks and mud. Definitely won't hold up to a good pressure washing.

I did have it on my Vette wheels for a few years. Spayed them with a couple coats of the clear. They lasted pretty long and looked good.

I suggest using it to see what a color might look like before permanently coating it with something stronger. I personally coated my flares and bumpers with Bed Armor made by Dupi-Color. Leaves a fairly smooth finish and is super strong. Holds up great to rocks, mud and pressure washing.

Carsten89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what I want to do eventually, just wanted to make sure I like the color first. If the dip holds up for a while, that's fine. If it doesn't, not a big deal, I'm out a few bucks and an afternoon.

AbnMP13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I personally coated my flares and bumpers with Bed Armor made by Dupi-Color. Leaves a fairly smooth finish and is super strong. Holds up great to rocks, mud and pressure washing.

Did you remove yours Jon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did you remove yours Jon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did not. The front flares are part of the Boatec Fenders so they had to be painted on the truck. Once I did those and figured out the best way to tape them, I just did the rears the same way. The rears have a nice cut line, so it wasn't all that difficult to paint them on the truck. Just a little more masking paper was needed.....

Mike175

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Carsten89 Hit your skid plate and it will be perfect. I have done my mirror reflectors, wheels, skid, bumpers and flares. The bottom edge of the flares where the road crap hits it has peeled off but all the rest has been excellent. Going on 3 years now.
Looks great on red, nice job!