Plasti-Dipped The Rap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AH424

Reaction score
Personal opinion:
Dip the flares black, and change the grill overlay/wheel stripes to blue. It would look badass.

But I think it looks great! Much better than I would expect a light blue raptor to look!

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Would like some opinions please. I originally had planned to do these things, but now I'm not sure. Not sure if it's growing on me or what, but I'm 50/50 on what I should and shouldn't do.

I originally planned to dip the fender flares black and cutout just the Raptor lettering in satin black to overlay over the bed lettering. Also change FORD grill overlay and wheel stripes to matching blue vinyl. Also dip the chin (silver part) of the stock bumper.

Should I do all of it? Part of it? Just leave as is? Open to any other suggestions as well! TIA!

I agree with the others and think you should definitely do the flairs black. I would plastic dip the grill black too before you do the Ford overlay in blue. I Plastic dipped my grill black and put a red overlay on and it looks soo much better and has held up fine. I wash my truck a minimum of once a week and even hit it with my powerwasher with no issues. I would probably do the bumper chin black if it was my truck. I do like your idea of the Raptor lettering on the bedsides in black. What do you plan to get a new decal and put in on the bedsides?

OP
OP
infinitereality

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
I can cut the decals out on my wife's Cameo to same size as one's that are under the dip.

As far as the chin, I really want to get a can of light blue dip and do it, I liked having white vinyl on it prior to dipping.

I'm still not sure if I like the black fenders. Sort of wish I'd left them body color. As far as the grill, I was going to do it, but my headlights are still charcoal inside so may look funny everything not being black.

Should have got some better pictures, but it started raining today. Will tomorrow after work

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can cut the decals out on my wife's Cameo to same size as one's that are under the dip.

As far as the chin, I really want to get a can of light blue dip and do it, I liked having white vinyl on it prior to dipping.

I'm still not sure if I like the black fenders. Sort of wish I'd left them body color. As far as the grill, I was going to do it, but my headlights are still charcoal inside so may look funny everything not being black.

Should have got some better pictures, but it started raining today. Will tomorrow after work

I thought the same thing about the grill with the headlights but it looks pretty good and to be honest you really don't notice it. Granted I am getting some retrofits so eventually it wont make a difference. From what I can tell from the pics I really like how the black flairs look with the blue. The truck is looking good either way you go I think will be fine. I've always been a fan of the Grabber Blue when I bought my GT500 I came pretty close to getting one in that color.

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I am quite late seeing this thread, but holy shit! it looks awesome. I would never have expected it to look that good. I painted all my flares, badges, bumpers, and skid plate black. It looks so much better. I agree with the other guys as well. Your first attempt worked great, keep going. There are so many raptors out there, uniqueness makes them stand out. Impressive work!

OP
OP
infinitereality

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
Appreciate it! Still no pictures, seems I've been slacking a bit. When I have time to take them, I forget. When I don't, I remember, lol.

I was never happy where the hood vinyl met the dip, for lack of better ideas I used some 1/4" white vinyl to cover the top. Not sure if I like it or not, but does match the Raptor lettering on the hood, FORD on the grill and SVT on the fender vents. Thoughts?

Attachments

• 20150801_225756.jpg
    20150801_225756.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 141
  • 20150801_225804.jpg
    20150801_225804.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 140
OP
OP
infinitereality

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
The bike has been neglected and hadn't bought anything for it since I first built it, so dipped it a week ago. Electric Lime with 25g of Iguana Green Pearl added to the last half of the gallon. CAD drawn graphics and cut out on wife's Silhouette. Original color is factory charcoal/silver.

IMG_1577.jpg
IMG_1600.jpg
IMG_1610.jpg

fjcoop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I am impressed. I was not expecting that when I clicked. If you like and look back at it when you park it and walk away. Leave it as is