Plasti-Dipped The Rap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Backinblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks really unique. Interested in the longevity of the plasti-dip. I guess that's the reason to leave the graphic vinyl on. It does create an interesting "ghost" image. Great colour.

Monster44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well you beat me to it, looks great! I've been wanting to do grabber blue since I got the truck. I finally found a guy to plasti dip it a few weeks ago so we may have triplets with svc, you and me. Love it!

OP
OP
infinitereality

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
Supposedly, the dip will last as long as you'd like....even can go through auto car washes. I'm not brave enough to attempt that quite yet, just in case. Should just be able to wash it and after it's dry apply DipCoat for little extra protection. From what I've read DipCoat is basically identical to spray wax which people say work just as good.

Monster44: You should definitely do it. It was a fun project anyone can do, most people do it in their garage. If I just used 1 color, mine would have been alot easier. If you do it yourself or find someone, I recommend just getting the "light blue" dip. Don't fork out extra on the "grabber blue" because in person it's damn near a match for grabber blue. I anticipated and wanted light blue and considering truck was white to begin with, but no regrets with grabber blue... My wife and me both agree, we like this color better.

OP
OP
infinitereality

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
Would like some opinions please. I originally had planned to do these things, but now I'm not sure. Not sure if it's growing on me or what, but I'm 50/50 on what I should and shouldn't do.

I originally planned to dip the fender flares black and cutout just the Raptor lettering in satin black to overlay over the bed lettering. Also change FORD grill overlay and wheel stripes to matching blue vinyl. Also dip the chin (silver part) of the stock bumper.

Should I do all of it? Part of it? Just leave as is? Open to any other suggestions as well! TIA!