Pinch weld - front fenders

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CSmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trimming the fenders help

I'm seriously wanting to do 37" toyos with method's. But I don't want to have to go through the whole ordeal of aftermarket fenders since its such a pain and super expensive. Can anyone help me out with a step by step tutorial (pics included hopefully) on what all I need to do to trim my stock fenders. I'm already on top perch. I would greatly appreciate it. I'm a novice when it comes to this so any help with be greatly appreciated!

ps. I searched for this but there isn't really detailed instructions on what to do just before and after pictures. I just don't want to mess anything up.

Thanks!

OP
OP
CSmith

CSmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mostly street and some off roading on the weekends but just drifting in the sand nothing crazy at all like jumping. Had my fair share of that.

Macman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok because the flares can pop off with 37's and methods. There should be a couple threads on here of where guys trimmed and either welded or seam sealed the joint.

Dan06

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have glass fenders and I'll be going to 37"s in the near future. It should be noted with stock 35"s and glass (mid perch) I'm able to rub the upper bracing with the tires offroading. Very much considering 3.0s before putting the 37"s on, to gain more clearance. At the very least you'll have to fold all the pinch welds over. I recommend sealing them afterwards to prevent moisture from seeping through where you make cuts.

I believe Netix is the one you need to seek advice from to run 37"s with stock fenders.

Last edited:

RapItUp2013

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for info on trimming the pinch weld in the factory front fenders.... there is a bolt in the bottom of the fender that i would like to remove for extra clearance... but that seems like a bad idea to me... any info would be appreciated ... btw, im running a 20x10" wheel with a -12 offset and 35 x 12.5's

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm seriously wanting to do 37" toyos with method's. But I don't want to have to go through the whole ordeal of aftermarket fenders since its such a pain and super expensive. Can anyone help me out with a step by step tutorial (pics included hopefully) on what all I need to do to trim my stock fenders. I'm already on top perch. I would greatly appreciate it. I'm a novice when it comes to this so any help with be greatly appreciated!

ps. I searched for this but there isn't really detailed instructions on what to do just before and after pictures. I just don't want to mess anything up.

Thanks!

Just trim your whole pinch weld. Can't mess anything up bc technically, that's what we doing prepping to run 37's. Haha! Here's a picture of my mid perch truck running glass. Either way, fenders or no fenders, trimming required. Hard offroading, Glass def. +trimming is a must!
The more you trim, the better you'll be. You can scratch running inner liners for one.
ajyzy2yd.jpg sorry for the dirty rap, WAIT, NM! Hehe

m

m