Paint Code for Bumpers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raptor544

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the right location for this, but here is my predicament.

I recently had a crash which damaged the front end of the Raptor. After the body shop "finished" the repairs, it was painfully obvious that the front bumper was not painted the correct color. It was considerably darker and had very little metallic properties.

It is back in the body shop and they are telling me that neither Ford nor the paint manufacturer can find a paint code for the bumper. They are trying to get it right with spray cards, but have not yet gotten it close.

Has anyone had this problem? If so, what was the solution?

andreb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great question! I was wondering the same but to repaint a fender flare. Some a-hole tried to sneak by my truck when it was parked on the street and rubbed the paint off down to the plastic. I could probably by a new one for cheaper but also considered doing bed liner on the flares and bumpers. If they can't match the paint push them to just replace it with a new factory bumper.

OP
OP
raptor544

raptor544

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's why we can't have nice things!!

It is a new bumper (the old one was *****'d), but they don't come painted. I had them paint the entire bumper the grayish color, including the silver part in the center. I think it will look good once it matches.

07Alloy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This was a question a long time ago on here. Can't remember what the answer was. I feel like I remember someone saying the bumpers have some special type if paint coating that was different. Will see if I can find it on here when I get a chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk