Paddle board Bed Rack, What Is Antbody Using...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whoisbigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is anybody using to secure paddle boards, surfboards, kayaks and such to their trucks? Board is 11'6" and since our trucks have circus beds on them that nothing fits in, boards have to go on some kind of rack. Whatcha got?

Backinblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use Thule Traverse foot packs and 5' load bars on a supercrew. I've had 2 paddle boards and a 13' kayak on long trips and it's been excellent. For really long loads, a also have a set of Thule goalposts that mount on the reciever.

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like they're on back order until the end of the month.

If time is an issue for you then yeah, that would probably be a deal breaker. I know I'm spoiled here because you can pick up a thule rack at any surf or kayak shop, but you should be able to find someplace that has something like that locally.

TheDude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just get a padded bag and some elastic tie downs...leave the expensive racks for the small car drivers.

PBR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before I got the Thule rack I ran up to 3 12' SUPs with a pad on the roof at the 3rd brake light and boards going from roof to tailgate. The boards hang over the back of the truck. Use 2 big ratchet straps and pads between boards and you're good to go. But I am only 5 miles from the beach, not sure how far or fast I would go with this set up.