ORV Safety Flag Mount???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

exAvalanche

Reaction score
I pick up my 2012 screw tomorrow night. We are going over to Silver Lake June 27th –July 1st. I too am looking for a way to mount a flag on the front. I have a front receiver on my Avalanche that I use for the flag mount.

PS: we are planning, weather permitting, to have the 100ft red neck water slide on the dunes going into silver lake on Friday the 28th. Stop by.

Avmech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was wondering if any of the bumper manufactures just weld on a flag mount to the bumpers. Some can just weld a **** onto the bumper for either a screw in type flag or a pop in type.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was wondering if any of the bumper manufactures just weld on a flag mount to the bumpers. Some can just weld a **** onto the bumper for either a screw in type flag or a pop in type.

If you're ordering a bumper from one of our vendors, any of them are capable of adding a flag mount

SVTCALI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you guys heard of sticky whips? I saw them out at Pismo when I was there for Huckfest. They use two strong suction cups to hold the flag. There was a truck driving around with 50+ of them on his truck to advertise. I decided I wanted to buy one but then couldn't find the truck again.

StickyWhips

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg4gufmy6Hk

Last edited:

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you guys heard of sticky whips? I saw them out at Pismo when I was there for Huckfest. They use two strong suction cups to hold the flag. There was a truck driving around with 50+ of them on his truck to advertise. I decided I wanted to buy one but then couldn't find the truck again.

StickyWhips

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg4gufmy6Hk

I was skeptical that it would hold until I watched the video... Those are cool!

Avmech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thoughs are nice but at silver lakes you have to have it mounted in the front of the truck not the back, which brings me to the question..... where would you stick it on the front of a raptor? the truck is so curvy and there is not alot of flat spots on the front.

Temple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I liked the suction cup idea and started searching ebay but then turned to magnets. I've got a couple of 65lb pull magnets on the fridge and one of these will do the trick. It attaches nicely to the front bumper.

I'm going to drill out the center, feed a 3/8" grade 8 bolt through from the back side, lock it down with a nut, and then go from there with some plumbing or other hardware.

6XY89_AS01?$productdetail$.jpg

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/Round-Base-Ring-Magnet-6XY89?Pid=search

Last edited:

jlauth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is what mine looks like...I drew it up and from an imported 3D file. Changed it to a DWG and drew the bracket part in AutoCRAP (I hate designing in 2D). Used a water jet at work to cut it. It looks nice...basically too nice to actually use so i'm glad i made two. It took me forever to tap for the screws because they are #6 and i was near breaking the tap the whole time.

IMG_1470.jpg
IMG_1470.jpg
IMG_1465.jpg
IMG_1463.jpg
IMG_1448.jpg

DRTDINO

Reaction score
Here is a flag mount I made for silver lake. I used 3/8 plate steel, and removed the right front tow hook utilizing the existing bolts I just drilled two 1/2" holes in the plate (three total with flag). 3/8 is a little over kill, I made one for my friends Tacoma and used 1/4 plate.

Attachments

• IMG_0152.jpg
    IMG_0152.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_0151.jpg
    IMG_0151.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 81