Opinions needed for Bed protection.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Opinions needed for Bed protection.(Now with PICS!!)

Hey guys,

Trying to decide what route to go for bed protection.

I refuse to spend $500-$600 for a spray in bed liner. I am also not interested in a drop in bed liner.

So I am thinking of either a Bed Mat or Herculiner DIY bed liner.They both are around the same $ = $100.

I used the Herculiner in my last pick-up and was very happy with it. The only down side is there is no going back, once that stuff is in your bed, its not coming off.

I like how you can remove the bed mat, but it offers no side wall protection.

So....What's the Forum have to say on this topic??? :peace:

Updated pics of final project on the last page......

Last edited:

Smokinjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I say you spent 50K on a truck! What's 5 to 6 hundred for Line-x? JMO.
If you want real good protection that will last spend the money and don't waste your money on the DIY stuff. The time and effort it will take to dIY and it still not looking as good or having a lifetime warranty. To each their own though. My opinion only. By the way, my linex with UV protection was only $425 cash!

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
I got a bedbug. I love it. It looks so much better than before, plus if you put things in the bed, it won't scratch it, but will stand up to pretty much everything. Battery acid, oil, even muriatic acid won't hurt it.
I paid $418 after tax.

Spider-One

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally very happy with Line-X and would do it again. Only other option would be a bedrug for myself. I wouldn't go with a second rate product like Herculiner on a truck like this. My vote goes for Line-X, would likely recover the cost on resale anyways.

OP
OP
Big Blue

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Smokinjo;[B said:
[/B]63544]I say you spent 50K on a truck! What's 5 to 6 hundred for Line-x? JMO.
If you want real good protection that will last spend the money and don't waste your money on the DIY stuff. The time and effort it will take to dIY and it still not looking as good or having a lifetime warranty. To each their own though. My opinion only. By the way, my linex with UV protection was only $425 cash!

You know...I cant argue with that..Your right. :peace:

Thanks for the other comments to guys, looks like LineX is the winner. :waytogo:

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yeah im in agreement with everyone else..... why spend the money that we have on a truck, and then use an autozone DIY product? and yes as you said, once its in, theres no going back, so if YOU **** it up.... you have no one to blame but YOU. now if Line-X ***** it up....... now they can spend the time and money making it right.

ive already been looking it up, and the closest place by us is just north of Pleasant Prairie WI, which is lil over an hour for me, should be less then an hour for you. i was already gonna go there and get bed and wheel wells done, if we both go maybe get it cheaper even?

RaptorAddict.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
BedRug, or BedTred is a great choice. It's strong, fits nice and you can remove it whenever you want. The BedTred is more of a rubberized material with grip. The BedRug is somewhat of a.... well.... "rug" material. Both are great.

SHOOTER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LINE-X !!! I have it on my 2002 FX4 and after sitting in the Kansas sun and cold for 8 years it still looks better than anything out there: Rhino, any do-it-yourself item, etc.

When I get my new 2012, Line-X is the first mod.

RaptorAddict.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
LINE-X !!! I have it on my 2002 FX4 and after sitting in the Kansas sun and cold for 8 years it still looks better than anything out there: Rhino, any do-it-yourself item, etc.

When I get my new 2012, Line-X is the first mod.

I have Line-X on mine. The shit just doesn't nick or scratch.