Non permanent spare tire carrier for bed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rkneeshaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to go to SnoBall this year and need to mount the tire in the truck bed, but I dont want to drill any holes into my freshly line-x'd truck bed.

IMG_20170727_1823546.jpg

Anyone concocted a method to strap a spare tire into the truck bed without drilling holes?

Maybe a solution using the existing bed bolts?

Tempted to just ratchet strap a tire in using the tie downs on the side of the bed... although I'm sure I couldn't cinch it down very tight with those, they dont look super strong

OP
OP
rkneeshaw

rkneeshaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
OP
rkneeshaw

rkneeshaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f11/cheap-bed-ring-mod-44939/

Same Mopar D-rings. Pictures have been hijacked by photo-fuckit.

SnoBall wont require anything fancy. Four ratchet straps ran to the 4 bedside tie points will do you just fine.

Thanks for that link, I'll see if I can get he OP to repost the pictures or send them to me and I can host them.

And good to know about SnoBall too, this will be more a nice to have then if I find a good way to execute. Thank you!

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Take a look at the rack from from WSI/Allied offroad may be a solution to what you're looking for.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The mopar rings work great. Make sure you buy a couple extra as you can also use them for the back seat to tie down gear/coolers as well.

Great idea thanks for the suggestion. What bolts/locations do you use in the back seat area?

Zeke555

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There are 3 rear seat bolt locations in my screwcab that I used, one on each side of the rear seats and one in the middle. Works great for keeping things in place when playing off road.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
you can honestly pull it off with the stock bed cargo hooks and a 3pt spare tire strap from SDHQ, it's not the prettiest, but I'm running my spare in the bed that way and it's never come loose.

SDHQ 3-Way Adjustable Spare Tire Strap