New mud flaps- highly recommended!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Hey Bigbird do you have a part number and how did you mount your flaps? I hate to have to drill into the wheel well but rocker panels will get tore up if I don't get some flaps on soon. Looked at Autozones website and they list a wide selection of flaps so not sure which ones your using. Thanks for any additional info you can provide.

I cant provide you with a part # because I threw the box away but if you go to your local Auto Zone you should see the ones I am talking about. I used 3- 3/4" self tapping stainless screws to attach mine. At this length the screws only penetrate plastic so there's no risk for rust or anything.

mprice1234

Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Thanks

I cant provide you with a part # because I threw the box away but if you go to your local Auto Zone you should see the ones I am talking about. I used 3- 3/4" self tapping stainless screws to attach mine. At this length the screws only penetrate plastic so there's no risk for rust or anything.

Thank you for taking the time to reply!:roflsquared:

Lead Foot

Reaction score
I used 3- 3/4" self tapping stainless screws to attach mine. At this length the screws only penetrate plastic so there's no risk for rust or anything.

Thats Great! cause i have a Buddy that just put those Pretty stainless trim pieces on his fender wells and first thing i noticed was brown around each screw head :~( ,God i Hate freaking rust!!!

and to do that to a NEW truck really Sux!

My friends reply: It don't matter cause i prolly want have the truck long LOL Must be nice to have money to throw around :~)

Even if i had that Kinda Money i couldn't screw the fender wells like that...Just not my way of doing things!

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Personally I'm not a fan of mudflaps.
I don't like hiding the tire tread, and I don't mind getting my truck dirty.

Then again.... I'm in the desert, so I'm sure mudflaps are a lot more useful where you guys live than they are here. I guess at that point it becomes a Function vs. Form debate so I can understand why you guys like having them.... Function.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Personally I'm not a fan of mudflaps.
I don't like hiding the tire tread, and I don't mind getting my truck dirty.

Then again.... I'm in the desert, so I'm sure mudflaps are a lot more useful where you guys live than they are here. I guess at that point it becomes a Function vs. Form debate so I can understand why you guys like having them.... Function.

I also hate mud flaps, but last year getting out then back in the truck during any snow fall my door handles would be packed full of snow.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Ok... I ordered a set... but it calls for the set number 8 for a Raptor.. Wonder what the difference is... Oh well we will see...
From here... ProFit Splashguards from RoadSport, a Division of PowerFlow Manufacturer of Splash Guards for Trucks and Cars in Canada and the United States

the 8's were a little thinner and maybe longer in the store. they are both basically the same shape i just happened to like the wider size. i will add this to my original post though.