New front bumper, winch or no winch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rsike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I got the go-ahead from my financial manager to purchase a new front bumper. She is the artsy type and understands how important symmetry is, so she did not object to a new rear bumper also. SO I’m looking at the ADD Race Series-R front and Dimple R Rear Bumper. I’m on the fence about a winch. I’m also thinking about the Alpha 1 bed rack and the KHC sliders. She probably won’t notice. To winch or not to winch that is the question.

Reaction score
h22K1vZ.jpg

Mh9NbbO.jpg

This is my favorite bumper for sure. The dimple R complements it nicely as well.

hkPfEFm.jpg

Let me know if you have any questions!!! Also with this sale you get the winch and some lights!

1QiEHTH.jpg

D

Deleted member 12951

Let me guess, your financial manager is your spouse?

I would get a winch. I wanted one but then I saw the price tag of the whole package (bumper front and rear, winch, lights, etc) I couldn't take the leap and my financial manager is non-negotiable when it comes to spending money on the truck now.

Hole Shot

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I use my winch all the time and i think the recon is the best bang for the buck!!!! I bought mine used and have had no issues. I have winched myself and others out of some difficult situations.

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would go winch set up, even if you can't put it in right away, the bumper is already built and done, ready when your ready.

memheli

Reaction score
I'm on the same path as you rsike...it's only money...you can't take it with you!

jondle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I opted for no winch for a couple reasons. First of all, my main goal in a new front bumper was approach angle, so I went with one you have to cut the frame with, and I don't think you can have a winch and eat it too. That was all the reason I needed, but a couple tertiary thoughts I had to solidify my decision was it seems like most of the time there is nothing to attach to in the desert and I didn't want the extra weight. Being in Jersey though, you might locate some trees so it might be a better idea.

truckarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're planning to take your rig off the road, a winch is a good add-on.