New front bumper or new skid plate?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dark1024

Reaction score
I'm having some dilemma if I just buy a new skid plate that supposedly is more tough

SVT RAPTOR ENHANCED FRONT SKID PLATE

or buy the Venom Bumper from ADD
ADD Venom

The idea is to have a bumper/skidplate that I'm not going to mess in the first expedition, something discrete and still be able to put a couple fog lights and probably a winch.

What would you install and why?,What other accesory would you install that is not going to void your warranty?

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would go with the RPG, SoCal super trucks, Lex or Mazzula front bumper. Any bumper that cuts the frame horns. That's going to be your best bet on not hitting your skid and denting it. You will get a lot more approach angle, and IMO, way better looks.

D

Deleted member 12951

I wouldn't buy that Ford Racing skid, their price is crazy. I have a TMX with stock bumper and that skid is tough. They aren't available anymore for a more couple months. They were in the $200'ish range.

I was thinking the same ADD bumper or the Rogue Throttle myself but now decide am going to bite the bullet and just cut the frame horns and looking at the SVC one.

Not sure how replacing your bumper with one that using the stock bumper mounts would affect your warranty or any accessories. Cutting might. Even if you damaged it and say it bent your horns, that wouldn't be covered under warranty anyways (yep, I think mine is bent)

Last edited by a moderator:

RV-Junke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm having some dilemma if I just buy a new skid plate that supposedly is more tough

SVT RAPTOR ENHANCED FRONT SKID PLATE

or buy the Venom Bumper from ADD
ADD Venom

The idea is to have a bumper/skidplate that I'm not going to mess in the first expedition, something discrete and still be able to put a couple fog lights and probably a winch.

What would you install and why?,What other accesory would you install that is not going to void your warranty?

IMHO, I LOVE my Venom Bumper...

110ajc5.jpg

jackrook

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I hate to break it to you but the skid plate is the first line of defense and no matter what type of bumper or suspension you have, if you hit something to fast or hard, the skid plate takes a lot of the damage. Other then aesthetics, there's no reason to get a new one because it's gonna keep getting smashed. Cut frame horns or not.

slowest member of WCPR

Snowman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really didn't have any issue cutting the frame rails on $20k (ish) Jeeps that I was turning into DDs and weekend rock crawlers, but I'm not sure I can bring myself to do that to a $50k (ish) Raptor. She'll see some trails, but nothing like I did with my Jeeps.

jackrook

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I really didn't have any issue cutting the frame rails on $20k (ish) Jeeps that I was turning into DDs and weekend rock crawlers, but I'm not sure I can bring myself to do that to a $50k (ish) Raptor. She'll see some trails, but nothing like I did with my Jeeps.

If you're not going full board, go back to a jeep. Not in a ******** way. I think jeeps are cool. If you feel you can do more in a jeep, it's your money spend it how you see fit. Go back to a jeep and never look back.

Many people feel like you. They spent all this money and can't bring themself to chopping up their truck. My truck mods are very basic(see build thread) but the way I see it, I spent al this money on it. I'm gonna use it how it was designed to be used(plus I live 30 mins from Ocotillo)

slowest member of WCPR

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Just remember, it's only metal and can be welded back on. :superhack::superhack::superhack:

D

Deleted member 12951

thats right. My shop did a $23,000 repair on a wrecked raptor. One thing was replacing a frame horn. They are able to be bought from ford and you could even weld it yourself (not recommended). around $240 each.

Got a Ford part number?