Need to mount Antenna (For Offroading)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

umair_k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are there are any holes on the rear bed or on the side walls which i can use to mount a temporary antenna that I will use only for offroading. Here we require it since the dunes are big and a vehicle can be easily spotted while going down or up the dune. Especially when moving with lot of cars!

See how it is mounted on the Jeep:

dubai-2.jpg

Last edited:

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
the holes used for the factory bed extender? there's a threaded hole already there where the extender bolts to the bed side. or you could make up a bracket to clamp to the factory tie-downs.

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
Are you asking about a whip mount or an antenna mount?

Reason I ask is that you can get magnetic antenna mounts that will stay on the roof which is where you want it.

OP
OP
U

umair_k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the holes used for the factory bed extender? there's a threaded hole already there where the extender bolts to the bed side. or you could make up a bracket to clamp to the factory tie-downs.

Bed extenders, those plastic gates yeah? Good idea ,... let me have a look at those. Think i will have to put a bracket on that maybe?

OP
OP
U

umair_k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you asking about a whip mount or an antenna mount?

Reason I ask is that you can get magnetic antenna mounts that will stay on the roof which is where you want it.

Yeah the antenna is like a whip yes ... I already have the antenna and requires to be bolted on.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Bed extenders, those plastic gates yeah? Good idea ,... let me have a look at those. Think i will have to put a bracket on that maybe?

or just pull out the "plastic gates" and use the hole one of them bolts to

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
if you have the tailgate step, I just put my pole in the groves on the tailgate and close the handle on it. It holds great and doesn't move

OP
OP
U

umair_k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you have the tailgate step, I just put my pole in the groves on the tailgate and close the handle on it. It holds great and doesn't move

This sounds good as well, and it will be a high point as well for the antenna. and should be more visible as well.