My Flag Mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A little modification I did today. I mounted a US flag my dad had bought for $10 a while back. He stopped using it for years so I thought I'd take it and try to fit it to the antenna. Pretty simple... I just used a couple zip ties to get it on. Here's the step-by-step...

Supplies:
- American Flag or whatever flag you want to put on. I wouldn't get too big of one since you don't want all that drag pulling back the antenna. Nor do you want it so large that it'll block your field of view.
IMAG0467.png
- At least 2 zip ties. Doesn't matter the length.
IMAG0464.png
- Electrical tape or Painters tape (I used painters tape)... Really, any tape will work as long as it is decent strength. I'm just **** about tape residue.
- Long twist tie. Another zip tie will work as well.
- Pen or sharpie

Instructions:
1. Take the flag and fit it onto the antenna.
2. Measure out where you need to fit the stopper for the bottom of the flag (about 1" from the bottom of the flag). The top stopper will be the antenna ball.
3. Wrap the twist tie around the antenna in a coil like fashion so that it overlaps itself, making the stopper thicker.
IMAG0461.png
4. Tape over twist tie, while holding it in place so that it won't move. Make sure you tape properly so you don't have water wedge its way in, thus decreasing the effectiveness of your tape.
IMAG0462.png
5. Once you have your bottom stopper made, loosely fit the flag on the antenna again. Measure out where you need to cut a small hole for your zip ties. The bottom hole should be right about the stopper, while the top hole should be at least 1/4" below the top of the flag so that the hole will not rip easily.
6. Thread in the zip ties and tie them up. You're done!
IMAG0465.png
IMAG0471.jpg
IMAG0470.jpg

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

Oh, and haven't had the chance to drive with it on yet so IDK what it does to radio signal.