My DIY bed rack/tire carrier

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crikk

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
This is the story of my "Dun it meself" bed rack. I bought a bunch steel used to make a scaffold at a garage sale. It was 1 1/4" square tubing that had U shaped ends with pins. So, I cut it up and used it to make the rack. The rest of the metal was bought at Menards Had to be done, my wheel wells where both dented in from strapping the tire in. I made it so I can just pop a couple pins to remove any or all of the things it is used to carry. I made a carrier to hold a Rubbermaid container, Gas can, and the spare tire. Another carrier for my jack. Then I made a carrier to hold my grease gun and supplies for work. The last carrier holds two more Rubbermaids, that will be used on trips. I'll start with a couple pictures of it done, then add some progress shots.

image_33.jpg

image_34.jpg

image_36.jpg

image_31.jpg

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are you going to use ratchet straps to hold everything down? I'm wondering if those bungie cords are going to secure everything when you go 'big'.......

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Bump

---------- Post added at 01:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 AM ----------

Oops wrong thread my bad

Otis857

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice design & fab work. Damn, I keep getting new project ideas here that take up all my free time. HA