Motocycle chase rack?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

showerfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i've searched the forum but not found much about people hauling bikes in the back. i want to buy a system that will help me with track days -- has anyone ever seen a chase rack customized to use with motorcycles? or heard of a system for racing support?

really any info on gear to load motorcycles more quickly and safely, as well as securing them in the bed, would be much appreciated!

i've seen adds for hydraulic ramps, but they seem to have harleys in mind, and i am a ducati man :pepper:

NolaRaptor

Reaction score
i've searched the forum but not found much about people hauling bikes in the back. i want to buy a system that will help me with track days -- has anyone ever seen a chase rack customized to use with motorcycles? or heard of a system for racing support?

really any info on gear to load motorcycles more quickly and safely, as well as securing them in the bed, would be much appreciated!

i've seen adds for hydraulic ramps, but they seem to have harleys in mind, and i am a ducati man :pepper:

Would be kind of interested in this as well, especially if it can be removable. Ducati fan as well, running a 1199. What ducati are you running? Have you ever done a track day at NOLA Motorsports?

Evilmonkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've loaded GSXR 600's, 750's and 1000's into Ford F150's in the past. It's a pain in the ass. My suggestion would be an enclosed trailer with a drop down ramp door. A twelve foot trailer gives you room for spare parts, fuel, private changing area etc... It's even got enough room for a 60" LED TV for watching your Go Pro vids on.

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
I've put two sportbikes in the bed before, quite a pain-in-the-arse. I just have a large eye-bolt in the center of the bed and use a "Cycle Cynch" on the bars, with one side going to the eye-bolt and the other to the factory tie down point. Ramp fit between the bikes (barely).

Were I doing this on a regular basis, I'd do a fold-up trailer. You need two people to load a bike in a Raptor (safely). It's pretty much the worst truck ever for this, but it can do it. :)

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
I've had 2 bikes in the back of my truck at the same time, super easy to run up the ramp and tie down. Granted they're not quite as big or long as my Hayabusa, lol.

527730_10151524506169288_1427664029_n.jpg
549780_10151524506159288_671207689_n.jpg

Hole Shot

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Made my own rack works very well with my kx450f have not tried my sport bike yet. Also sometimes a 2x4 under the base of the ramp helps with header/exhaust tailgate clearance.
amymypa8.jpg
a8ypyte8.jpg
pa9uty2y.jpg
ymeratav.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
showerfan

showerfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that looks sweet! but i am in the market for something that will take bigger sposrtsbikes and tourers.

i have an old monster, a Multistrada (my favorite bike ever) and an 899 Panigale for the track. and i want more... :facepalm: But i digress.

i know the Raptor's a taller truck, and not really meant for this sort of thing, but i'd love to see what others are doing, and i'm sure *someone* else is doing this!

i'm thinking of mounting a winch in the bed, alongside some Baxter wheels chocks. then i'll probably try and figure out some way to mount some Black Widow ramps in the sides...

Mil T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I built my rack for versatility of making it work for several configurationsf. I have since made some modifications that I will explain.
Here's the basic rack I built to hold one spare tire and pack other items in the truck.
DSCF2513.jpg
DSCF2514.jpg
DSCF2516.jpg
I have since dropped the bar going across that the tie downs and tire rack attach to by approx. 3-4 inches. This allowed me to put a bike in the back over the bar and tie it down in the center and also mount my spare to fit under my roll bak lid.

The front and in other places I have used these to put the tie down anywhere I need it. They have never come loose. You can get them for $5-10 at Home Depot or other hardware stores.
DSCF2525.jpg

One of the things I do with my truck is to be the chase/support truck for my motorcycle friends. Mostly dirt riders on adventure rides but sometimes I have to put a sport bike in. In fact I find them easier than say a KTM 990.

I use a trifold ramp to be able to walk up beside the bike as we load it. I have loaded many a bike by myself and with motor running. As long as you have your footing you shouldn't have any problems.

I like the idea of the rack across the tailgate that was posted earlier.
That could be a very good tie down piece but I find once I tie a bike down with using 4 tie downs in front with 2 going forward and 2 going back that it is pretty stationary and tying the rear down is pretty easy to do to stay put.

The rack can also be used to pack all sorts of things like camp gear and coolers, gas cans, parts boxes etc. The 2 boxes in the back are my tools and compressor that are both quickly removable.

Hope this gives you some ideas.

Mil T

lexmotorsports goodguy

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
we can build a custom bed rack, give me a call to discuss. We have talked about this concept, but have not put it into play.

OP
OP
showerfan

showerfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome! I'd been thinking about calling you guys anyway! Will call tomorrow