Matte black vinyl wrap on fender flares

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
Did you get a quote for a shop to do them for you? If you take them off and bring them in I would think it would be quite cheap.... Can't be more than $5 in materials...

bruceboyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had my hood wrapped in matt black. I asked about the fender flares and he quoted about $250 (I would need to do the remove and reinstall). He did say that they could NOT go all the way under ie; right up behind the fender, because of the radius (it would cause a bubble in the middle). He would be able to go an inch or 2 in to the well so you'd have to look up under the wheel to see the edge. Thoughts?

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
I just had my hood wrapped in matt black. I asked about the fender flares and he quoted about $250 (I would need to do the remove and reinstall). He did say that they could NOT go all the way under ie; right up behind the fender, because of the radius (it would cause a bubble in the middle). He would be able to go an inch or 2 in to the well so you'd have to look up under the wheel to see the edge. Thoughts?

my guy seemed to think he could make cuts to form the radius and he wants to use ControlTac so it will form better without bubbles.

Crashthepunisher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bird, you ever do this? I'm dying to see matte fender flares and bumpers. Do you guys think it would even be necessary to pull the flares to wrap? Seems like you could just cut around the recessed indention. Maybe just buy the $40 roll and experiment one day/month?

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Bird, you ever do this? I'm dying to see matte fender flares and bumpers. Do you guys think it would even be necessary to pull the flares to wrap? Seems like you could just cut around the recessed indention. Maybe just buy the $40 roll and experiment one day/month?

i ended up color matching them tuxedo black. removing the flares is easy as hell, don't be scared. matte black paint might be more durable for bumper applications.

linexsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we remove the raptor flares all the time. i havent bought new clips for any of them yet. you just have to take your time. although i have some trim removal tools i bought off the snap on truck. those help in the hard places. We have Line-Xed a few sets, and also had some painted. either way you cant go wrong. my only suggestion if you are going to use vinyl is going to be to make sure you wrap around to the backside of the flare. if you leave the edge on the front side, it could start to peel up from the edge. if the edge is on the backside nothing can get to it to make it start peeling. i cant wait to see what this looks like!