MAG-HYTEC question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice job. It's a great cover and you will surely enjoy it. I would not have used the liquid gasket. The factory gasket is perfect as long as you use a cross tightening pattern. Mine has seen plenty of acton, factory gasket only and never a drop on the ground. Not to mention, if you now find yourself needing to remove it at a Raptor event/emergency repair, you just made the job more complicated.

OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
good point.

Nice job. It's a great cover and you will surely enjoy it. I would not have used the liquid gasket. The factory gasket is perfect as long as you use a cross tightening pattern. Mine has seen plenty of acton, factory gasket only and never a drop on the ground. Not to mention, if you now find yourself needing to remove it at a Raptor event/emergency repair, you just made the job more complicated.

Mufaza2

Reaction score
I have a 2012 Screw and getting 4.88 yukon gears installed. I figured might as well upgrade to this Mag Hytec cover as well. Would this cover fit my truck as well? I thought I read somewhere that the size of the axle changed after a certain year. And now I can't find that thread. Smh. Anyway, any help is appreciated. Also, do they make a front diff cover as well?

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish they made a front cover, or aFe, I can't find anything. But yes all the rears are the same 9.75", at least for Gen1.

saylsworth

Reaction score
Just bought a '14 screw so I'm new to the game.. but curious as to the purpose of the aftermarket rear diff cover? I understand a front (for rock crawlers) as its added protection but I don't understand the purpose of a rear one. I'm not bashing by any means because I think they look cool, just wondering if there was more too it than looks. Thanks!

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just bought a '14 screw so I'm new to the game.. but curious as to the purpose of the aftermarket rear diff cover? I understand a front (for rock crawlers) as its added protection but I don't understand the purpose of a rear one. I'm not bashing by any means because I think they look cool, just wondering if there was more too it than looks. Thanks!

Don't waste your money. Makes putting a 37" spare underneath impossible, too. I had one, took it off, and never looked back. Better things to spend your money on than a fancy diff cover......