LPW Differential Cover Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boss327

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I figured it would be a good idea to change my diff fluid in the rear end since it's never been done on my truck. Since the cover was going to have to come off, I wanted to get an aftermarket cover with fill and drain plugs plus I wanted something that looks better than the stock piece.

After looking at a few brands, I decided to go with LPW. It's a stout piece, comes with everything you need (except gasket maker) and has load bolts so you can preload the main caps. Plus the price was cheaper than the basic covers other brands offered. I also bought the ARP studs to replace the cap bolts. I paid $229.97 shipped to my house.

All that is needed for the install is basic hand tools and some gasket maker. Took me about 1Hr and that was with a food break. Instructions are included and very thorough but one thing I will say is DO NOT TORQUE THE COVER BOLTS PER INSTRUCTIONS. I snapped the head off of one of the bolts. Just tighten them like you would the stock cover.

Here is everything that comes in the box:
IMG_0523.jpg

Backside of the cover showing the load bolts:
IMG_0525.jpg

ARP studs (sold separately but thru LPW)
IMG_0527.jpg

Here is a comparison to the old cover:
IMG_0530.jpg
IMG_0532.jpg

ARP studs installed:
IMG_0533.jpg

Before:
IMG_0529.jpg

After:
IMG_0534.jpg

Overall I'm happy with it. Filling the cover was super easy. No pump needed and there is plenty of room. No more filling it on the backside but you still need use the factory fill plug to check the level. The cover adds about 1qt more than the factory cover. They also offer a powdercoated black version if you want a different look.

whisler151

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well I figured it would be a good idea to change my diff fluid in the rear end since it's never been done on my truck. Since the cover was going to have to come off, I wanted to get an aftermarket cover with fill and drain plugs plus I wanted something that looks better than the stock piece.

IMG_0534.jpg

Ummm, that's not a Raptor.

OP
OP
Boss327

Boss327

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never said it was a raptor. This cover does fit 97 and up 9.75" rear ends.

whisler151

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So should I not post here anymore?

Maybe start out threads with "Hey, this isn't on a Raptor but..." That's like an owner of a BMW 328i posting his mods on the M3 forum. :wtf:

Take a page from 6.2 and etalian2005 who both make it known they don't have a Raptor...yet, but like to post here. There is nothing wrong with that...the more the merrier. You just don't want to look like a poser.