Line-X in wheel wells

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DirtyWill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a really good quote today from my local Line-X dealer. Unfortunate, he mentions that he doesn't spray the wheel wells with Line-X. Says he has a rubberized undercoating that gets sprayed there.

Few of the posts I searched for on here, from what I'm reading, folks are actually getting the Line-X in the wheel wells.

Which is a better call for the wheel wells? Rubberized coating or actual Line-X?

I got a quote of $475 for the bed in Line-X premium and he would do the undercoating in the wheel wells for free. Sounds like a hell of a deal but I don't want to have a ****** protection product in the wells that I will have to constantly touch up or look after.

Looking for ideas or advice.

Thanks in advance.

jbarchenger

Reaction score
I am interested in this as well. Would he do all the wheel wells or just the back ones? If you get it done, let me know how that goes. I'm hoping to get mine next month and got some Line-X I was going to put in there.

OP
OP
D

DirtyWill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am interested in this as well. Would he do all the wheel wells or just the back ones? If you get it done, let me know how that goes. I'm hoping to get mine next month and got some Line-X I was going to put in there.

I will definitely let you know.

As far as I can tell, only the rear wheel wells "require" this as the fronts have plastics in them.

twlhunter65

Reaction score
The reason they dont want to spray linex in the wheel wells is it comes out of the gun at such high velocity it's hard to controll.The rubberized is much easyer to controll.

Tautog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my truck done yesterday will be picking up this afternoon, bed and rear wheel wells in color match blue. I saw 3 other raptors he's done including wells and looked great with one having been done 18 months ago!

Big Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my truck done yesterday will be picking up this afternoon, bed and rear wheel wells in color match blue. I saw 3 other raptors he's done including wells and looked great with one having been done 18 months ago!

Hey Tautog... where did you get this done? I'm going with the Bedrug but I'm going to have my wheel wells shot and once I get my bumpers, them too.

As an aside, Getting my truck Friday at lunch so we need to get together in the future I think you're only a couple hours max from me.

~BGM

Tautog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BGM, got it done in Quakertown on RT 309 which is about 8 miles off of 78. Definitely would get together since I'm retired and not very busy :drool: where are you located? Wayne

Big Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BGM, got it done in Quakertown on RT 309 which is about 8 miles off of 78. Definitely would get together since I'm retired and not very busy :drool: where are you located? Wayne

Hey Wayne,

Awesome, you're retired and I'm in a Masters program.. wanna switch?? lol

I'm just outside Harrisburg. I'll shoot you a PM.

~BGM

Stepside

Full Access Member
Reaction score

No need to do the front wheel wells. They are plastic.

If you want black rear wheel wells . . :birgits_tiredcoffee
Use POR 15.
It is about $50/qt. or get the 14oz. spray can for $20+tax.
Clean wheel wells with hot soapy water.
Wipe'em down with a microfiber cloth.
Wear hat, glasses w/side shields,
and organic vapor protection mask if painting outside . .
positive airflow equipment if painting inside . .
'voila' instant protection.
> But, be sure to mask off those pretty blue Fox shocks.:waytogo:

Attachments

• DSCF0021.jpg
    DSCF0021.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 173
  • DSCF0024.jpg
    DSCF0024.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 158
  • DSCF0025.jpg
    DSCF0025.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 150