Line X Premium Addiction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Houston Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not mine, but black LINE-X on rockers, flares, bumper, front grill and blue color-matched LINE-X on "FORD".

Fordblue2_zpsxpnf3xhi.jpg

Fordblue1_zpsucihojk8.jpg

Anyone know whose truck this is? I want to do my grille the same way but the linex I talked to said they couldn't do it with two colors. Hoping I can see which linex did it for him.

sandtrooper29

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone know whose truck this is? I want to do my grille the same way but the linex I talked to said they couldn't do it with two colors. Hoping I can see which linex did it for him.

What two colors? Would just have to spray one color, then re mask and spray second color( or linex xtra over first color) Shouldn't be that hard.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Our local Line-X dealer told me that when they do a color other than black or gray (stock colors) that they spray the stock color down, and then use a stock automotive grade paint over it. That is how they can color-match Line-X.

I went in last year to get an estimate to do the whole truck, and saw them doing a Chevrolet. That guy wanted a champagne colored finish, and they were just starting to shoot it when we went back to look. He said that they shoot the stock paint color over it, and then apply a sort of 'clear' over it that makes it more durable and a little less shiny.

Just for what it's worth......

Houston Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What two colors? Would just have to spray one color, then re mask and spray second color( or linex xtra over first color) Shouldn't be that hard.

Our local Line-X dealer told me that when they do a color other than black or gray (stock colors) that they spray the stock color down, and then use a stock automotive grade paint over it. That is how they can color-match Line-X.

I went in last year to get an estimate to do the whole truck, and saw them doing a Chevrolet. That guy wanted a champagne colored finish, and they were just starting to shoot it when we went back to look. He said that they shoot the stock paint color over it, and then apply a sort of 'clear' over it that makes it more durable and a little less shiny.

Just for what it's worth......

Yea that's what I thought. Maybe he misunderstood what I was asking. Thanks guys.

mstennes

Reaction score

I was on the fence about the rocker area, now I'm going to schedule that, our black 2012 has ADD Stealth front and rear bumpers Line-X, as well as the flares, the 2013 has the same as well as a Leer canopy that I had Line-X. I'm waiting on one flare, to be finished so I can get the 2013's swapped out and take pictures.

Fabre

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the DIY spray on liner? Found some on amazon that have some reviews and was thinking about spraying my fender flares myself.

rkneeshaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could try it. I imagine the prep is the most important part. Its not like you'll be throwing a ton of heavy equipment over your fenders like you would in the truck bed, so toughness isn't as critical either. its mostly for looks there.