Light Bar Actuator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajstar89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Can someone school me on actuators, I got a light bar and I would like to set it up on a actuator for my case rack. Can anyone with any experience with this fill me in on how to do it. Maybe which one they got and how they set it up?

Thanks!

D

Deleted member 12951

Whatever you get make sure it works for off-road and is waterproof or protected. The ones from WSI are only IP63 rated, not the best for the elements.
https://www.pololu.com/product/2305

I have had two burn up and completely filled with water. Now I just gave up on it and unwound it manually to hold the lights up and unplugged it. Doesn't seem worth the trouble and need to make a bracket so its a manual process but more dependable.

If you live in a dry part of the country then these might be a better fit.

Mike175

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too am curious about these setups. My welders/metal fab guys at my place of work are making me a bed mounted light rack. Due to my garage head clearance I need some sort of actuator set up. Was tossing around the idea of electrical or a manual set up. Obviously I would like an electrical so I don't have to get in and out every time I go in and out of my garage. Anyone other than RDFTS have issues/complaints with an electrical set up?
I am leaning more toward manual as I live in a freezing, snowy, wet region and don't expect the actuators to last long enough. I don't know that I like the look of large actuator slapped on one of the tubes either.
Any pictures, pros and cons, or wished they were set up a certain way that anyone has?? Just trying to weigh my options and trying to get the cleanest set up while still being functional and user friendly.

Reaction score
We use a sealed actuator from Motion Systems on our chase racks. We have customers in the snow/rain/dust all the time & never had any problems with them. Here is a link to our site, we do offer a forum discount if you want to skip the hassle & buy from us!
Shop Ford Raptor Race Series R Chase Rack at ADD Offroad

c015802800103-6.jpg
ford-raptor-chase-racks.jpg

cobrajet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
uploadfromtaptalk1454442238173.jpguploadfromtaptalk1454442275264.jpg
This is mine. I believe @Huck designed it and @HAYNESOFFROAD installed it. Really happy with it. I did have to swap out an actuator as it burned out, but I think it was because something got out of adjustment.

Sent from my rotary phone using Tapatalk