LGE/CTS Front Bumper Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
I have been on the lookout for a front bumper for a very long time. I wanted improved durability and increased approach angle. This bumper caught my eye when it first came out:
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f11/mystery-bumper-4980/

I got a chance to see it first-hand at TRR last year on Baja Jones’ truck. The things I really like about this bumper are that it is a simpler design, offers the best approach angle for no-cut bumpers and has integrated tow points. Maintaining front tow points was something that was important to me. In addition, I like how tucked up the skid plate is and that it wraps up towards the frame (refer to side view pic below).

I finally got a chance to pull the trigger and order it. I ordered it with the skid, powder coat (Dale at LGE suggested a light textured powder coat and it came out great) and mounts / tabs for my lights.
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f184/baja-raptor-front-bumper-lge*cts-motorsports-19294/
Exterior : Baja Raptor Front Bumper | LGE*CTS Motorsports home of L&G Enterprises and Custom Truck Shop

Once it came in, I was amazed at how well it was packed. The bumper and skid plate were in a custom built wooden crate and strapped down on the inside. I have seen a couple of posts about guys receiving bent up bumpers, but that was not even possible in this case.

B01%20-%20Overall.jpg

B02%20-%20Overall.jpg

I installed the lights (covered in another thread linked below) and had a buddy come over and mock it up. I marked the holes in the body mount structure for the side supports. We took the bumper back off and then I drilled the holes.
B04%20-%20Side%20view.jpg

Then we remounted the bumper for the final time. I took my time getting it all lined up to my liking. The next step was to remove the valence support brace, which also has the mount for the hood release. I mounted it using a long bolt and a stack of washers to the bracket on the bumper. This will prevent the “smiley face” that the valence can turn into without support.
B05%20-%20valance%20support.jpg

Here is a pic from the inside looking out. I put a stack of washers in between the tab on the bumper and the valance support.
B06%20-%20valance%20support.jpg

The last step was to mount some zip-tie pads with double sided tape to secure the radiator skirt with zip-ties. This skirt (refer to pic above) normally attaches to the back side of the stock bumper using christmas tree connectors.

The only thing I have left to do, is work something out for the front license plate (supposed to have one in Texas).

Light install thread: www.fordraptorforum.com/f81/kc-hilites-flex-led-install-41816/

Last edited:

AbnMP13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
last step was to mount some zip-tie pads with double sided tape to secure the radiator skirt with zip-ties. This skirt (refer to pic above) normally attaches to the back side of the stock bumper using christmas tree connectors.

Let me know how well these hold up the skirt. Just replaced my OEM bumper.

2014 Terrain SuperCrew
Vortex Mud Guards ~ Husky Floor Liners ~ Rigid Dually Flushmounts ~ Rigid Dually Clear & Amber Pods ~ Recon Smoked Mirror Lights ~ Bakflip FiberMax & BakBox ~ SVC Tune ~ Rigid 20" E2 Series - Combo ~ Mid Perch ~ Underhood & Bedlights ~ Rigid 40" Combo ~ ADD Stealth

svt_reid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
kaiser can you take a picture of what youre talking about with the valance support? how the support is connected to the bumper