Let the games begin!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
rapinshop.jpg

* Color matching fender flares today. Will be done and back on by days end. Pics will follow..

* Ordered front and rear bumpers from ADD this morning. Doing away with the upper bar for the front bumper. Should look super flush. They'll be coated in satin black with a black anodized skid plate.

* Moving shock perch from middle to upper

* Ordering deavers - need feedback from guys who have done this: Should I go +1" or + 2". I do prefer a nose up stance

* Exhaust going on soon. Tips will exit in front of passenger side rear tire. powder coated black tips

* Line X on the bed and rear wheel wells tomorrow

So stoked!!!

IRONMAN

Reaction score
This is AWESOME! Am very interested in seeing the finished product.
PLEASE take pics and post of the stages of your process to show us all.
Before and After.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice Tizzle!! We have similar tastes.

As far as the Deavers go, I presume you intend to remove the rear block..... according to Ryan @ SDHQ if you remove the block and go +2, the rear height will be virtually the same... if you remove the rear block and go +1 the truck will end up sitting 1 inch lower than it currently does in the rear.

My +2 Deavers haven't gone on just yet, but hopefully this week if we have some time. I could run it over to the shop and get 'em slapped on pretty cheap, but I'd rather DIY with my buddies and have some beer and laughs while they go on for free.

I have the top perch setting and my nose sits slightly higher than the tail... I like it like that, a bit of a noticeable nose-high pre-runner look, but not super angled. If that sounds like what you want, go +2.... but if you want the nose-high angle to be more pronounced and obvious, then go +1. I believe bstoner has the +1 and top perch combo... you should hit him up for pics to help you decide.

I also suggest you move the perch first and then judge in person whether you like the rear stance there (+2) or want it lower (+1) before you order.

OP
OP
Raptizzle

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any idea when those bumpers will be getting here? Getting them without the top bar is a great idea, will make the truck look much cleaner?
What exhaust are you going with?
+1 on the springs IMO

Any plans to run lights up front? If so make sure the bumper is tabbed before poweder coat, that is if you plan on running lights on the bumper and not behind the grill

Nice Tizzle!! We have similar tastes.

As far as the Deavers go, I presume you intend to remove the rear block..... according to Ryan @ SDHQ if you remove the block and go +2, the rear height will be virtually the same... if you remove the rear block and go +1 the truck will end up sitting 1 inch lower than it currently does in the rear.

My +2 Deavers haven't gone on just yet, but hopefully this week if we have some time. I could run it over to the shop and get 'em slapped on pretty cheap, but I'd rather DIY with my buddies and have some beer and laughs while they go on for free.

I have the top perch setting and my nose sits slightly higher than the tail... I like it like that, a bit of a noticeable nose-high pre-runner look, but not super angled. If that sounds like what you want, go +2.... but if you want the nose-high angle to be more pronounced and obvious, then go +1. I believe bstoner has the +1 and top perch combo... you should hit him up for pics to help you decide.

I also suggest you move the perch first and then judge in person whether you like the rear stance there (+2) or want it lower (+1) before you order.

The more i think about...the look i'm a fan of is definitely pushing me in the +1" deavers.

As far as lights go, ADD will be tabbing the bumper but i'll most likely throw a 40" LED bar behind the grill. I really want to keep the front end as clean and uncluttered as possible.

ADD is starting on the job as we speak so i'm thinking i should have them on the truck by mid-september.

OP
OP
Raptizzle

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just hoping everyone throws their own twist on them so they all look a little different. Although, i would still do everything i'm doing if i saw someone with the exact same setup.

Not sure if this is compatible with the Raptor but would definitely be something to consider: FiberwerX Offroad Fiberglass Products: Fenders, Bed Sides, Dashs, and Complete Body Kits

agreed on the different twist comment.

....Plus if all these white Dezert Raptors look the same, all these guys with the "other" paint colors won't be able to keep whom they're jealous of straight! ;)

Those FiberwerX would look pretty ill. Have you tried calling/emailing the company to get the scoop on Raptor availability?

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
Just hoping everyone throws their own twist on them so they all look a little different. Although, i would still do everything i'm doing if i saw someone with the exact same setup.

Not sure if this is compatible with the Raptor but would definitely be something to consider: FiberwerX Offroad Fiberglass Products: Fenders, Bed Sides, Dashs, and Complete Body Kits
At least your not having the same shop build your truck.

I have been saying for months that a 1 piece on the Raptor would make the truck 1000x's nicer. Not that there is anything wrong with the front clip on it now, I just like my trucks to stand out.

Funny that you bring up the 1 piece, I read somewhere that Jake Y. is putting a Long Travel kit and 1 piece on the truck...Maybe you should get with him and talk to Fiberwerx about building the clip if the clip they offer wont work

I put a Fiberwerx 1 piece on my Sport Trac and it makes it MUCH easier to work on and IMO improves the look of my truck.

If you want to be one step ahead of everyone else with a Raptor, get the deaver's with some 18" Bi-pass's and build a bed cage. Your truck will EASILY out preform every Raptor in the dirt once it's dialed in. And everyone would be in awwww of you
7-7-10085.jpg