Husky or 3M poly clear front end protection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hoverp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used the Husky or 3M brand front end protective wrap?

It is like 8mil thick custom cut poly clear film type stuff that you can put on the front end of your rig and also over the headlights to protect them from rock chips.

Any experiences good or bad?

Thanks

beemerman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have the 3 m. Installed when new. Works great. 2 Snoball runs only replaced 1 piece across the front of the hood. Had a rock nick in it. Saved the paint for sure. I really like it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

truckarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the 3M on my headlights. They stick really well yet they become yellowish a bit over time.

OrangeAddict

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Agreed and MyFordTouch is going to leapfrog the industry again.

Too bad Apple isn't the tech behind it instead of Microsoft

I have about 65k miles on the truck and don't have a single rock out scratch in the lenses in the head lights. Although I did scratch one with something one day working on the truck. Point is, I don't think you need protection on the heads. They are pretty reliant as stock.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

---------- Post added at 09:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 AM ----------

I went with the Xpel Ultimate Film
Self Healing Paint Protection Film - XPEL ULTIMATE Paint Protection Film
On my truck. I have had the whole truck wrapped and it has saved my butt with trees branches and brushes off road.

I liked there product over the 3M.

Looking to do this to little red riding hood. Would you recommend the place you got it installed?

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

OrangeAddict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have about 65k miles on the truck and don't have a single rock out scratch in the lenses in the head lights. Although I did scratch one with something one day working on the truck. Point is, I don't think you need protection on the heads. They are pretty reliant as stock.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

---------- Post added at 09:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 AM ----------

Looking to do this to little red riding hood. Would you recommend the place you got it installed?

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

Yes the guy here in Raleigh is real easy to work with and does a lot of vehicles. We have had very few problems out of ours and he has addressed every issue we had coming back to him. In fact he has to replace the part on the tailgate as soon as we have the dent fixed.

If I had it to do over again. I would not have stopped at the windows on the B or C pillars and I think I would have had the entire roof done also.

Witchy

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Yes the guy here in Raleigh is real easy to work with and does a lot of vehicles. We have had very few problems out of ours and he has addressed every issue we had coming back to him. In fact he has to replace the part on the tailgate as soon as we have the dent fixed.

If I had it to do over again. I WOULD HVE LISTENED TO THE WIFE AND I would not have stopped at the windows on the B or C pillars and I think I would have had the entire roof done also.

fixed it for you

BramageDained

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Xpel Stealth the whole truck.

Really, if you're going to wrap part, I'd do the whole things. If it gets used, pinstripes down the side are just as likely as rock chips on the hood/front/fenders.

dakal

Reaction score
clear

i used lamix on my headlamps on two different cars years ago. they have never yellowed or strted peeling. dave

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts