How do glass front fenders look without liners?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
41188d1391237004-how-do-glass-front-fenders-look-without-liners-20140103_120916.jpg

Overall I'd highly recommend the liners and I'd pretty much say they're a requirement if you're going to wheel in wet conditions (i.e. mud). If you live in a state with snow and salt is used in the winter time, don't even think about not using liners; you DO NOT want all the salt road debris getting up into your inner fenders, firewall, engine compartment, inside the front support horns, airbox intake, etc.

CB Freshness

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have glassworks and they literally just sent me a sheet if material. I would go boatec. does anyone know if boatec liners would work with glassworks?

OP
OP
iSurvive

iSurvive

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone who responded. Your trucks look great with the fenders/liners.

So here are my questions:

- are the Boatec liners $300 each, or for the pair?
- what size Grabbers are those 37x?x17?
- how much offset do you need?
- can you install wheel spacers? I'd hate to replace all 6 Method Double Standards with new wheels.
- I was quoted $950 for painting just the front fenders, that seems too high?

And yes I do heavy off roading; lots of mud, snow, and river crossings.

Captain Awesome

FRF Addict
Reaction score
as far as Wheel spacer i would stay away i've seen lots of failures in the atv world. also after seeing a few guys on here break rims i don't think spacers would last long if you do any serious offloading. would rather buy new wheels then pay to fix my truck after a spacer failed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
iSurvive

iSurvive

FRF Addict
Reaction score
as far as Wheel spacer i would stay away i've seen lots of failures in the tav world. also after seeing a few guys on here break rims i don't think spacers would last long if you do any serious offloading. would rather buy new wheels then pay to fix my truck after a spacer failed.

Well that answers that question! No spacers for me.

How much offset is needed?

mjyst3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was quoted:

Boatec Fenders/Liners/Shipping $1200

Install/paint $1500

Tires Toyo MT 37" $1520

Method 18" rims with offset $800

Mid Perch/Alignment $300

All this ($5320) to fit 37" MT's properly. I think I might have to pass on this mod. Although it looks badass I can't seem to justify it. Who knows, maybe I will have a change of heart after seeing your project come to fruition and reading a few more reviews. Don't mean to threadjack.

dnewman9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
41188d1391237004-how-do-glass-front-fenders-look-without-liners-20140103_120916.jpg

Overall I'd highly recommend the liners and I'd pretty much say they're a requirement if you're going to wheel in wet conditions (i.e. mud). If you live in a state with snow and salt is used in the winter time, don't even think about not using liners; you DO NOT want all the salt road debris getting up into your inner fenders, firewall, engine compartment, inside the front support horns, airbox intake, etc.

Did your liners come with the mounting tabs or was that added by the installer? I just got my Boatecs and they did not come with them?
Do they just rest against the inside of the fender?
Thanks
Dennis

EcoRaptor13

Reaction score
I was quoted:

Boatec Fenders/Liners/Shipping $1200

Install/paint $1500

Tires Toyo MT 37" $1520

Method 18" rims with offset $800

Mid Perch/Alignment $300

All this ($5320) to fit 37" MT's properly. I think I might have to pass on this mod. Although it looks badass I can't seem to justify it. Who knows, maybe I will have a change of heart after seeing your project come to fruition and reading a few more reviews. Don't mean to threadjack.

sadly, the most expensive hobby

---------- Post added at 08:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 AM ----------

sadly, the most expensive hobby

do a wrap- whole truck for $2500 instead of $1500 for just the fenders, also 18" wheels? no way no how never. stick with 17". Ford and everyone else in the offroad community chose 17 for a reason, and its the standard. more prevalent, and discounted stuff found easier. Also Ford designed suspension to run at low perch only, if i remember correctly. the other perch's are just a Fox thing, and not meant to be used for a handful of reasons. (i tried it once, a hundred years ago. bad idea) anyhow, my 2% od a dollar. just trying to help