HiLift Jack Mounted in the Bed - Tons 'o Pics!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matt33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a little off topic, but are there any good jacking points on the factory Raptor where a high lift could be used? I realize aftermarket bumpers are most likely strong enough, but I'm thinking that our OEM bumpers and certainly the steps are a no-go with a high lift.

How do you guys use the high lift with our trucks?

naimad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a little off topic, but are there any good jacking points on the factory Raptor where a high lift could be used? I realize aftermarket bumpers are most likely strong enough, but I'm thinking that our OEM bumpers and certainly the steps are a no-go with a high lift.

How do you guys use the high lift with our trucks?

My guess would be the tow hooks on the front and rear of the truck

HoustonRider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you could use those, but Hi Lift has an attachment that grabs the rims (its coated) to lift the wheel up.

Not too many other points except grabbing a bumper or using a hook grabbing something more substantial to get it lifted. A 48-60" lift won't get under a truck. Use your bottle jack for that.

These are used to get ur wheel out of a hole, or use to pull you out of a bad spot, etc.

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Im not sure if Ford sheet metal can hold up, hell the hood is so thin you can put a dent in it if you slam it too hard. lol
I was worried about that too but 2XXXX miles later, including some seriously hard off roading, the metal looks perfect and the holes look like I just punched them. I think it helps that the lip isn't thin body panel sheet metal; its a couple pieces bed gauge steel spot welded together. If it were me, I wouldn't look any harder for a different spot.

very innovative, BigJ. Want to make me a set?
Hah Matt it would cost me more to make them, and ship them than I could feel good about selling them to ya for. If you have a drill and a hacksaw, you can pull this off pretty easily.

you could use those, but Hi Lift has an attachment that grabs the rims (its coated) to lift the wheel up.

Not too many other points except grabbing a bumper or using a hook grabbing something more substantial to get it lifted. A 48-60" lift won't get under a truck. Use your bottle jack for that.

These are used to get ur wheel out of a hole, or use to pull you out of a bad spot, etc.
Exactly my thoughts. I tried lifting via one of those hooks once. Other than me being a bonehead about it (*cough click here cough*) I was not inspired at how solid things were. In fact I vowed to never do it again.

Instead, I added real weld-to-the-fram sliders. See here for those details if you're curious: http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f5/sliders-skid-plates-oh-my-warning-pic-heavy-9665/

Short of that though, the attachments that are available for the Hi Lift will get lots of jobs done on a stock Raptor. But, like we've said, direct lifting? Not so much.

Nice clean install!

Kochrane

Reaction score
I'm doing a simliar installation for mounting my hi-lift in my 2003 f150 that you did in your raptor. I was wondering where you got those rubber stoppers from. I'm having a hard time in trying to locate them and the only local hardware places in town are Lowe's and a Tractor Supply. Could you point me in the right direction please? Thanks!

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome Kochrane!

I sourced those particular units from a B2B supplier that has them custom made for other applications. However, you should be able to find darn near the same thing (or at least something you can make work easily enough) from McMaster Carr. Here's what I found when searching "bump stop" on their site: McMaster-Carr. Looks like the "Bumpers with Threaded Stud" is exactly what you'd be looking for.

Hope that helps!