Help- Installing aftermarket horn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xBX

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SOOO I came to the conclusion a loud truck needs a loud horn.
Instead of spending 350+ for a train horn I like the Hella Supertone Dual horns that run $55 from Amazon. How do I install those? how would you replace the existing horn and install those?

Last edited:

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Train horns ftw!

I would get myself arrested. Good luck with the install!

OP
OP
xBX

xBX

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Train horns ftw!

I would get myself arrested. Good luck with the install!

Exactly and I could spend 399+ on other shit that will look cooler haha

OP
OP
xBX

xBX

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It seems that easy but I need a relay for the horns to hit their full capacity. Wiring a relay hard ?

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
It seems that easy but I need a relay for the horns to hit their full capacity. Wiring a relay hard ?

no. the relay just needs to be mounted somewhere, you'll probably send +12v to it, ground it and then send the wiring they supply you to the horn and to a switch or button. and that might only be if you want to use it as an aux horn. as he said above you might be able to just use the factory horn wiring, you're just applying voltage to it which is already wired up the same way for our horns...just make sure the amp draw won't blow the factory horn fuse.

OP
OP
xBX

xBX

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay it is a plug in to the factory horn and it needs more supply, so a replay is needed. Anyone done this mod?
I read that the current amp draw is 30A the new amp draw will be 40A

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Okay it is a plug in to the factory horn and it needs more supply, so a replay is needed. Anyone done this mod?
I read that the current amp draw is 30A the new amp draw will be 40A

i have done horns in the past what's your question? do you want to run a button for it or use the existing horn?