Help with Glassworks front fender install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gotSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious how hard it was on some of the other trucks to get these fitted? Specifically the area under/below the headlight? If someone could post an up close picture of theirs it would really help.

OP
OP
gotSVT

gotSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are the two angles I would like to see.

The first one shows the inside of the fender. It is a good 1/2 inch shorter than the orange plastic that wraps around the front of the truck. This makes the "flare" part of the fender stop short of the body line.

The second is where the flare meets by the headlight/turn signal.

Attachments

• IMG_1027.jpg
    IMG_1027.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_1028.jpg
    IMG_1028.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 152
OP
OP
gotSVT

gotSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the top bolts in. This is how the fender hangs on the truck. You REALLY have to push in the bottom to make it contact the body. When you push the back/bottom in, it pulls the front of the fender in (under the headlight) REALLY, REALLY freaking tight. So tight I'm afraid the thing is going to break.

Attachments

• IMG_1029.jpg
    IMG_1029.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 134

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I heard that working with the fiberglass is tough to make the lines accurate. Talk to Jarret at RPG. Not that I'm telling you to get them to do the work, but he was the one telling me that fiberglass work is not just plug and play or something along those lines. That's going to look (and function) SICK when you get it done. Grats!

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
'TIZ, did I get a f'd up set?

Nah, yours seem normal and unfortunately that outer flare trim doesn't properly line up with the lower valance. Mine is the same way.

fender1.jpg

My set was part of the first run and Tim knew about the problem a year ago. I figured that would have been changed by now. Apparently not though.

How tight do you have the top bolted in? You may need to aug out those top mounting holes just a bit to give yourself a little more wiggle room. It's tough to say though by just looking at the pics....

Last edited:

Allied Offroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are going to have to loosen up the front valance and push it out some. Try sanding it some too. Its never perfect. Fiberglass is pretty resilient dude, I doubt its going to break.

OP
OP
gotSVT

gotSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are going to have to loosen up the front valance and push it out some. Try sanding it some too. Its never perfect. Fiberglass is pretty resilient dude, I doubt its going to break.

Thanks, that (moving the valance) actually helped quite a bit.