Help Deciding on a Tonneau Cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Any opinions on the BAKFlip F1 or the Roll-X from Bak Industries? I want to get a tonneau cover but don't know which one between the two. Also, if you have any pics that would be great as well.

Gruffy

Reaction score
I heard the roll-up didnt stay in place at TRR. No issues with the F1. Also take alook at the vp, lighter weight, but it uses a single sheet of vinyl across the top, looks cleaner..IMO

starkall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered the fibermax from morrie today.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 12951

I got the Roll-X because I needed to access the front for the tote and cans on the bed cage. It stayed on at TRR but I modded mine. :)

Guess the question we need is what are you looking for in a cover to accomplish for you?

GRT4DRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Truxedo TonneauTrax and when I ran the truck before getting the rack, it did great. I always put it back on after the runs now. And I like its built in cargo hooks. I don't need a hard cover because I don't leave things in the bed for too long. Cheap and Functional.

Orionkhan

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm rolling with the F1 and bedrug combo. Loving it so far.

justcozz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are any of these strong enough to sit on or sleep on? I wouldn't mind using the bed cover for a raised sleeping platform when camping in crappy areas but I don't know if any of them are actually strong enough for that.

I've been waiting for the Roll-X XT to come out but it seems to be taking forever.

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the Truxedo Deuce, it is a roll up cover. It says it can support a max of 350lbs on top of it. Other than that i feel it is a very nice cover, and it being able to roll up is convenient for putting things taller than the bed in it.

Mad Max

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BakFlip VP is strong enough to stand on. Light solid panel tri-fold, but covered in a solid piece of vinyl for a smooth look.

597A0E42-59F2-4419-BD0C-05EA7C492175_zpsjbxiil2z.jpg

I just ordered mine and installed it last week. Ordered thru bakfactoryoutlet.com - sponsored link on the side --------------->

...they were the lowest prices I could find. Tell them you're on the FRF site and expect a $$$ discount from the online advertised price.

Last edited:

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i have the rolls, no issues off road or at the dunes.

I like it much better than the bak flip i had it squeaked a lot