Graphic / decal peeling..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xil3dsmurf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Graphic on driver side starting to peel, dealership saying it won't be covered under warranty bc it was washed "too much?" Didn't know I can't wash my truck. But where can I buy replacement graphics other than the dealership. Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 132

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Graphic on driver side starting to peel, dealership saying it won't be covered under warranty bc it was washed "too much?" Didn't know I can't wash my truck. But where can I buy replacement graphics other than the dealership. Thanks!

DO NOT TAKE THAT SHIT FROM THEM!!! Those stock graphics are REALLY expensive. Get someone else like crystal involved and make them replace them.....

OP
OP
X

Xil3dsmurf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No I know the manuel specifically said not too cause the body is too wide for most automatic car washes.

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 PM ----------

DO NOT TAKE THAT SHIT FROM THEM!!! Those stock graphics are REALLY expensive. Get someone else like crystal involved and make them replace them.....

How do I go about contacting crystal? I been doing a little research and it seems it cost about $1000 to replace them. The truck only have 15k miles on it so far..really would hate to spend that much on it for just the graphics.

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I am absolutely certain that no one has washed the SE graphics more than I have, and there is no indication of any peeling on mine.

Ford needs to fix that.

Crystal is on vacation until Monday, 2/29. I am sure she will help out once she gets back.

-Dan

SonnyAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it only peeling on 1 side of the truck? There was another member who had the same issue a while back and only 1 side was peeling. Initially the dealer said they wouldn't cover it, but after some pushing (I think Crystal and the regional rep got involved) they decided they'd take car of it. I think the final decision was due to the fact that all the decals weren't peeling, which would be the case from over-pressure washing the entire rig. Good luck with the replacement!

OP
OP
X

Xil3dsmurf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am absolutely certain that no one has washed the SE graphics more than I have, and there is no indication of any peeling on mine.

Ford needs to fix that.

Crystal is on vacation until Monday, 2/29. I am sure she will help out once she gets back.

-Dan

Oh ok. I send crystal a private message. But I also send in some pics to ford service at my local dealership. They said it will take about a week or two to get an answer. But I would love to get some help from someone from the inside. The dealership pretty much told me the answer is gonna be a no, but I'm hoping for a yes on the warranty. Truck only got 15k miles on it.