Gobi Stealth Roof Rack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I posted this in my build thread but I figured it would be a good idea to post this here too.

First, big thanks to Gordon for helping me install this thing.

Ok, I got a Gobi Rack. They haven't quit released them yet but I'd seen a photo on facebook with a rack on a Raptor that looked like one of theirs. I messaged them and in fact they were developing one for the F150. 5 months later it showed up haha. I can't complain though. The workmanship is amazing and even came prewired through the tubing of the rack.

16840108629_61acd5ca19_b.jpg

The install didn't go as smoothly as it should have. They use jack nuts but we ended up abandoning them for nutserts. Once we did that things went much better until I stripped one of them, doh! I think Gordon wanted to slap me when I did that haha. He's a very methodical, read the instructions kind of guy. I'm a trial and error, don't worry things will work out kind of guy so I can get on his nerves sometimes.

Anyhow, we wrapped it up and I'm pleased with result. It does come with a wind faring for the front but since I already have a 50" I decided to keep it and the faring does work with it there.

Here are some pics from the trip I took shortly after install.

16617783963_7b03d43e70_b.jpg

17212333496_90d6f7cd9f_b.jpg

16615512194_7fe7c8c0c1_b.jpg

17237398861_eda84d481d_b.jpg

17051779829_e110a8bff6_b.jpg

17212004866_5d87e0dde1_b.jpg

17237978685_7345f46a32_b.jpg

17030859027_372ddd6fb7_b.jpg
@Wilson's calendar contest. Stat!

Help out the family's that these heroes left behind fighting for YOUR Freedom.
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=840845
Donate now!

Yukon Joe
Great Lakes Raptor Excursions
www.runraptorrun.com

Orionkhan

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice rack. I seriously thought about going this route too. But I don't think it would make it into my garage. I ended up building a rack from an atv ramp that goes over my bakflip. But there's only 4 bolts to remove. Only problem is the bakflip can't open with it on (tailgate still works fine). But I don't have it one there most of the time, only when I need it. And it's light enough for me to put on by myself.

JJ f150harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice rack. I seriously thought about going this route too. But I don't think it would make it into my garage. I ended up building a rack from an atv ramp that goes over my bakflip. But there's only 4 bolts to remove. Only problem is the bakflip can't open with it on (tailgate still works fine). But I don't have it one there most of the time, only when I need it. And it's light enough for me to put on by myself.
Pics????

OP
OP
B

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@Wilson's calendar contest. Stat!

Help out the family's that these heroes left behind fighting for YOUR Freedom.
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=840845
Donate now!

Yukon Joe
Great Lakes Raptor Excursions
Run Raptor Run | Great Lakes Raptor Excursions (GLRE)

Thanks for the headsup Joe

I love the look of this rack... trying... not... to... spend... more... money

haha, thanks...I know the feeling all to well.

Nice...sounds like a slick setup.

factive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What size light bar did you use for the rack? And do you know the width of the rack in the front? I'm having a hard time finding the right size bar for mine. I need about a 45-46" before I start poking out the sides. I ordered some of the 6.7" light cannons and mocked them on my rack and hated the look so I'm going to try a bar now instead.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
I'm so glad my garage door height limits my height, or I'd get one ASAP.