Gloss Black or Flat Black Flares?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RaptorScrew

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you do it post pics! I was thinking the bumper would just be to much line-X'd, but when I was on the 3rd try for powder coat on the bumper it was going to line-x next. I would like to see what it looks like.

Will do. I've got to get it priced out first.

I'll keep ya posted. I'm thinking that my Line-X guy mentioned something that the fenders wouldn't work because they are plastic and over time the line-x would flake off. I'll get that clarified.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'll keep ya posted. I'm thinking that my Line-X guy mentioned something that the fenders wouldn't work because they are plastic and over time the line-x would flake off. I'll get that clarified.

The line-x dealer here said the same thing but, a few here have said that is wrong...

baiter joe

Reaction score
just sent my fender flares off to get carbon fiber dipped

---------- Post added at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

just sent my fender flares to get carbon fiber dipped and semigloss clear finish. Orange truck

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score

This is kinda..... true.

What I was told is to make sure it is fully in cased in line-x. But It won't chip or flake off. If it does come off it will be like pealing shrimp and will come of in one big piece. They told me that it doesn't bond as well to plastic as it does to metal. So don't use a power washer on the edge of it to get it started in pealing. I have used a power washer multiple times with no problems at all. I'm sure line-x will better explain this.

mrdci

Reaction score
just sent my fender flares off to get carbon fiber dipped

---------- Post added at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

just sent my fender flares to get carbon fiber dipped and semigloss clear finish. Orange truck

Where did you send them. I've been looking for some one to do that type of work for some other parts.

Nacho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did mine with herculiner...no flake or chipping so far. Have had it on since july 2010
281796_2249650367324_1430184547_32656133_2270425_n.jpg

Sanded them a bit and gave them two coats. BOATLOADS cheaper than line-x

getlucky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had my fenders and bumpers wrap in mat black for 200.00 the hood for 300.00 and they came to my house to do it.

Last edited:

vince7

Reaction score
runNgun29 I like that look a lot, did you gloss black your back fender as well? Anyway you could post a picture? Also did you lift the front Fox suspension to level your truck?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts