Front Warn Receiver Hitch and Winch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yomudderputter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just installed the power through the lower grill to feed the winch.

I used the front warn receiver and portable winch basket. I think it came out good, winch weight is 75 lbs total cost about $700 bucks. its the Warn M8000 with a snatch block.

Oh yeah I heard this site it was okay to say shit **** damnit and ****.. Thats cool:flipthebird:

IMG_0472.jpg

IMG_0483.jpg

IMG_0481.jpg

IMG_0487.jpg

IMG_0488.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
yomudderputter

yomudderputter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I forgot to mention the cool thing is that Warn sells a rear power cable set up so that you can put the winch in the rear receiver if you need to back your self out or the trail is tight and the person behind you gets stuck.

cool

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I forgot to mention the cool thing is that Warn sells a rear power cable set up so that you can put the winch in the rear receiver if you need to back your self out or the trail is tight and the person behind you gets stuck.

cool

They do. I have it on my F350 with quick connect cables to the battery. Luckily I haven't needed it yet.

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
Definately the way to go. I'm not there yet, but I want the Warn winch with the built in air compressor. Uber handy.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey there putter... good to see you... I saw you posted on the Z but since I cant see pictures that attached I couldnt see it... Looks great...

peppercorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks good. I've always been a fan of a front/rear option with a winch.
Where do you store it when it isn't installed?

OP
OP
yomudderputter

yomudderputter

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I picked up a nice heavy duty locking storage bin at Lowes and keep it in the rear of the bed held down by the tie down hooks. The bin holds all my gear. chain, rope, snatch blocks, tree protector,air compressor, shovels, jack, etc...

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Diamond plate toolbox in the bed of the truck with the tow straps, jack, extra tie downs and various other stuff.