Front Fender Removal?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wrong Way

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whats up with the foam you had to cut out(purpose)? How many bolts and fasteners holding that fender on? Good call on that undercoating looks great.

OP
OP
gotSVT

gotSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whats up with the foam you had to cut out(purpose)? How many bolts and fasteners holding that fender on? Good call on that undercoating looks great.

I think there are only 7 or 8 bolts. The foam is "filler" so dirt doesn't enter the cab side of the door jam. Open your door and look in there - you'll see it.

OP
OP
gotSVT

gotSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Almost there...

IMG_1120.JPG

IMG_1121.JPG

---------- Post added at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 AM ----------

Whats the weight difference between stock and the after market fenders?

The glass fenders with LineX weigh about the same as the stock ones.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
GotSVT those are badass! I love the linex on the flares too.

BO that right there is why I wish I had a white truck sometimes
...you can get away with running the glass unpainted for awhile haha

OP
OP
gotSVT

gotSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Word of advise for anyone doing paint & LineX on the fenders. Do the LineX first. I had to repaint the fenders after the LineX guy was done with them.

OP
OP
gotSVT

gotSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bo, check the clearance where the red circle is. The glass kind of sticks out toward the hood just inside the opening. I almost missed it and it looks like you might have from the picture too. It is easy to miss.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345218534.807175.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345218534.807175.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 235

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bo, check the clearance where the red circle is. The glass kind of sticks out toward the hood just inside the opening. I almost missed it and it looks like you might have from the picture too. It is easy to miss.

Mine is close, but the hood clears just fine. Raptorguy21 and I adjusted, mounted, re-adjusted, mounted, re-adjusted, mounted over and over again on both sides to get them as perfect as we could. Made the process take a lot longer but it was worth it because the gaps came out really clean and tight.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345230512.797892.jpg

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BO that right there is why I wish I had a white truck sometimes
...you can get away with running the glass unpainted for awhile haha

I know you guys with other colors all like to deny it, but there are so many advantages for white paint on desert Raptors I don't even know where to begin listing them all.
:burnout: