Frame fade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FODE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few ago I went through a dry lake bed in Death Valley, and now my frame is not as black and shiny..

Any suggestions as to what to use to make it shiny again and protect it..
I used lanolin protectant in October and I've taken it through Baja, Mohave and Death Valley

Sent from my mobile office

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I sprayed AMSOIL on it when I first got it. That should work to protect it if you can find something to bring back the shine. Adam's has an undercarriage spray but not sure if it's for the entire undercarriage or just wheel wells like they mainly talk about.

Chris's FX4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Chemical Guy's Bare Bones is another option, but don't expect it to be anywhere near close to permanent. I would also test it in a small area first to make sure it isn't a dust attractant, although it claims to not be. I've used it before on cars before and didn't notice a lot of dust collection from street use, but I'm not sure how it would be with the dirt/dust you guys typically get when offroading.

Chemical Guys TVD_104_16 - Bare Bones Undercarriage Spray (16 oz.)

phydough

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the same problem too. I thought a Raptor meant to get (and stay) dirty.

10717-frame-fade.jpg

OP
OP
FODE

FODE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It definitely gets dirty, but I want it to look as if it hasn't seen dirt ever

Ni9mm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I want to care this much about my frame. I really do. But somehow, I just... don't. I commend you David Banner aka @FODE.

On a side note and totally unrelated to the stated question, I've always wondered if the Hulks ***** grew all wild and crazy like his hair and eyebrows when he got pissed. I'd be like " Don't make me angry, Ill have to shave my ***** hair again"

If your interested , I could, one day, give a whole dissertation about all the metaphors within the story of The Incredible Hulk . Or not.

OP
OP
FODE

FODE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think his carpet would match his drapes.. Lol.
I'd like to hear your dissertation on it.
I'm a science geek

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir