Ford Emblem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JHlebica

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does any one know how the Ford Emblem is removed on the tail gate with the back up camera? It seems like it is two pieces. Like the Ford part just pops off, I don't want to go prying at it though if thats not the case. If anyone has any insight let me know thanks.

panda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Broke mine trying to remove it. You are correct, the Ford Oval clips onto the housing and does in fact "pop off". It has plastic tabs behind it. With care - you should be able to remove without breaking them.

Behind the oval, the housing is held on to the tailgate by two screws, and the backup camera is secured by a plastic clip. These aren't difficult to remove and reinstall, but I would be very careful with the oval. If you do break it, a replacement only costs about $25 shipped. Some might say it's a good idea just to order it ahead of time in case it does break, so you don't have to drive around without it like I did for a while.

OP
OP
J

JHlebica

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Panda. I want to remove mine sand it down and paint it black. I hate that its the only chrome on the truck. It looks so out of place.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks Panda. I want to remove mine sand it down and paint it black. I hate that its the only chrome on the truck. It looks so out of place.

I plastidipped mine on the truck to get rid of that eyesore.. Has held up pretty good so far..

-Greg

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

JHlebica

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice. I still have 2 cans of duplicolor flat black wheel paint from when I painted my rims on my old truck. That stuff holds up great. I had it on my old truck for over 3 years and only had to touch it up in small areas a few times. So I figured on the tail gate where nothing ever hits the emblem and chip the paint it should hold up great.

I plastidipped mine on tge truck to get rid of that eyesore.. Has held up pretty good so far..

-Greg

panda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plastidipped mine as well, right over the black paint on the housing that I'd put on when I broke the first one.

It looks good, and you can still see the raised Ford Letters on the oval. A more talented person could probably make it look great with paint, but I'm not one of them.

Banned
Reaction score
I have a plan.
Plasti dip the emblem so it's completely black, then get a white vinyl sticker in the size of the oval, with the letters cutout, and stick that over top.
Cheap way to get a white emblem with black letters. I think it will look amazing on a white truck.

panda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
6.2 I think it would be tough to align that sticker around all of the curves in the lettering, but if you could pull it off it might look pretty good.

Banned
Reaction score
ill be attempting it soon as my rear emblem is all blotchy with light blue for some reason. looks like ass right now lol

IRONMAN

Reaction score
This is what I did.
Covered the Blue Ford with a decal and painted the chrome with plastic dip. This way if I ever sell the truck I just peal it all off and return to stock.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2142.jpg
    IMG_2142.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 604
  • IMG_2143.jpg
    IMG_2143.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 466
  • IMG_2145.jpg
    IMG_2145.jpg