flare movement?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FreightTerrain

FRF Addict
Reaction score
had my flares linexed. the other day i noticed some slight movement, in and out, of a couple of the flares at the highest point, when i pushed on them. my first thought was that the linex hadnt adhered there (my biggest fear) and that what i was feeling was the linex moving away from the flare. but i think its probably the flare itself giving a little, since theyre probably not attached all that securely to begin with. can someone verify this for me, and ease my mind a little? thanks

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea mine use to move out a little to! The clips that hole them in place wear
Out and they don't always hold so go get some new clips and it'll fix the problem! I've had to buy a bunch because I've taken my flares off a few times one to paint them another time to do some trimming for my 37's. getting new clips on there should fix it unless they sprayed too much on the back side and there is too much lineX keeping it from seating all te way in where the clips can actually go in.. If any of that makes sense haha

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
535373_750400978974_1505402880_n.jpg

574589_750400345244_1164282397_n.jpg
Lets get some pics of those bad boys...

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea mine use to move out a little to! The clips that hole them in place wear
Out and they don't always hold so go get some new clips and it'll fix the problem! I've had to buy a bunch because I've taken my flares off a few times one to paint them another time to do some trimming for my 37's. getting new clips on there should fix it unless they sprayed too much on the back side and there is too much lineX keeping it from seating all te way in where the clips can actually go in.. If any of that makes sense haha

You wouldn't have a part number for those flare clips would you? I'm ripping mine off to get painted to match my truck soon. Usually when you take stuff apart it never fits right ever again or worse yet, the clips breaking when you take it apart.