Fitment and customer service problems with my Rogue bumper...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mluis11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a similar experience with @Rogue Racing regarding shipping. I placed my order with @Rick@FreedomMotorsports and he provided excellent service and a great deal on my parts, even better than Rogue offered when I was there in person having my truck worked on. I asked if they could ship on a specific date (1/2/17)because I was going to be out of town and was told no problem from Nick. I explained that I needed the parts by 1/5/17 and even said I had another address to ship to if needed, but was told they'd arrive in time if shipped 1/2/17. I called on a Tuesday(1/3/17) to make sure it had shipped on Monday as promised and was told "No, the boys decided to spend an extra day out at Dumont Dunes and it didn't ship yesterday." No sorry, no I'll make it a priority, just "The shipping guys is really busy and I'll see what we can do." I stressed that I needed the parts by early Friday morning because I had 5 week old plans to head 5 hours away to work on my truck at a friends shop. My life is busy with family and work and this shipping mistake caused a 2 month delay on being able to reschedule.

Nick emailed me the tracking information on Friday(1/6/17) showing the parts didn't even leave Rogue until late Thursday evening, 2 full days after I talked to him and stressed the importance of them fulfilling the agreed upon timeline of arriving Friday a.m. at the latest. No communication besides the forwarded tracking info has ever occurred to this point. I even emailed Nick and he never responded. Mistakes happen and I understand that. My biggest complaint is the poor customer service and the excuses! I was lost for words when Nick told me "The boys decided to spend an extra day at Dumont". Are you freaking kidding me! I never even received a "We're sorry" or "We'll make this right since there is still 3 days to get you your parts" THE PARTS SAT AT ROGUE FOR 2 1/2 MORE DAYS UNTIL THEY WERE SHIPPED!

I've been very happy with their products, but in my experience they are definitely lacking in the customer service aspect of the business. I met Nick when I was there and he was very friendly and even took the time to give me a tour. I just think at the very least I deserved a call telling me my parts are not arriving in time rather than just forwarding me tracking info on the day I was planning on leaving town to install them.

On a side note, I choose not to bother Rick with this because he was in Baja and I already had a relationship with Nick, but I know he would of done all he could for me. His customer service will keep me coming back.

Matt Luis

OP
OP
T

tbone23455

Reaction score
In this case, we feel the customer's lack of experience and impatience has caused this issue on his vehicle.

Ten years in the SEAL Teams, my own Discovery Channel shows on E&E, survival, tracking and ***** traps, this is my second Raptor, I own a '72 Scamp (got rid of the '69 Mach 1. Wish I never did), two Harleys, one I built from the ground up, and I do almost all my own work.
I can figure out how to put on a bumper.
There is ~7.5 inches of clearance needed on my frame mounts. Your bumper, after I ground off the Line-X, had ~7 inches of clearance. I sent you pictures.
Don't know what to tell you.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Every bumper that Rogue Racing offers to our customers is built in a CAD designed fixture to ensure fitment on an unmodified vehicle.

The Revolver rear bumper for 2009-2014 F150 and Ford Raptors is our best selling bumper. If there were a problem with our fixture, every Revolver rear bumper would have the same issue.

Because this is an isolated issue, we can determine that the problem has not been caused by our manufacturing process. Although our products are designed to be bolt on, we recommend the professional installation of our products, so that if issues like this do happen, they can be addressed correctly and quickly. Optional coatings like Line-X are thicker than paint or powdercoat, and will sometimes require some grinding on mating surfaces to get the correct fitment.

In this case, we feel the customer's lack of experience and impatience has caused this issue on his vehicle. We will still offer an exchange on this bumper, but shipping charges will be the responsibility of the customer.

Look - I don't really have a dog in this fight, but I find it hard to imagine that this guy is making this up. If it doesn't fit, it doesn't fit. Like Rick said, this ain't rocket science.

When I read your response to his issue, and put myself in his place, it kinda pissed me off. I know that some things should be installed by professionals who are skilled at installing parts on trucks, but I bet 95% of the guys that buy bumpers from you install them themselves. Most without issues.

I'll tell you what I would do if I had made this sale, I'd send him a new bumper and ship his back to you. No extra cost to him. That's the right thing to do.....

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You'd be a fool to give them anymore more money. Cut the ****** and re-weld it the way it should have been done in the first place and move on.

They should be glad you aren't having your CC company dispute the charges.

OP
OP
T

tbone23455

Reaction score
You'd be a fool to give them anymore more money. Cut the ****** and re-weld it the way it should have been done in the first place and move on.

They should be glad you aren't having your CC company dispute the charges.

Agreed.
I've filed the dispute, along with pictures and a timeline to my cc company, as well as filing a complaint with the local BBB.
At some point soon I'll take the bumper back off and grind enough Line-X off to re-weld the tabs to fit.
Great minds.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Agreed.
I've filed the dispute, along with pictures and a timeline to my cc company, as well as filing a complaint with the local BBB.
At some point soon I'll take the bumper back off and grind enough Line-X off to re-weld the tabs to fit.
Great minds.

I bet even if you took it to a local fab shop the cost to fix it would be way less than it would be to ship that thing back to Rogue for an exchange.